Welcome!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Another week over

Another busy week is over and I am into another! Last week we had baseball games, dance classes, tumbling, scrapbooking and a trip to Dream Dinners. I have still not blogged about Dream Dinners, but they have really saved my life! I go and make 13 meals for the month in about an hour! It is incredible...but I will post on that another time!

During the weekend we, went to a Pancake Breakfast at Ella's school, headed to the local nursery to pick up plants for a project, stopped at Target for some supplies, watched Gavin play baseball (he hit a home run and a triple!) and later, Andy took Ella to a Father/Daughter Ball. He made a great slide show and I am going to try to upload it later!

Sunday, I taught Sunday School and then we came home and worked around the house. We set up our new garden fountain (an anniversary gift to ourselves), but we still need to have power run for it. The electrician is coming out later today, I hope that we can have this done before June! We also planted some pots for our front porch, I will post pics when that project is done. Andy did filing and I did laundry and later we had dinner with Andy's parents. We paid bills and had our beginning of the week "touch base" meeting. A busy but productive weekend.

Two weeks ago, our oven died. The electrical panel burned out and no buttons worked, at all. Luckily, we have a home owners warranty plan that pays for things like this to be fixed. The oven beeped like crazy, so Andy pulled the unit out and unplugged it. They sent out a guy, he wrote up stupid stuff like "They tampered with the machine and tried to fix it themselves" and got our claim denied! I was sooooo mad!!! I went around and around with the insurance on Friday and finally handed it over to Andy. He got them to send someone else out today and he said, no problem...they will order the part. So, I may have an oven again by the end of the week. Thank goodness! We are truckin along and going to have loads of fun this week...especially because we are going camping over the weekend!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't know how they expect anyone to sleep with the oven beeping, I'd have pulled it out and unplugged it too. Gheesh!

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

Sorry about the deleted comment--I put it up too fast and missed a massive spelling error. :-) Anyway...the oven thing sounds terribly frustrating. I'm glad you got it fixed!

Yvonne said...

Oh... it is not fixed yet. The repair man came today with a new board, but it was defective and another new board will be ordered. It will not be in until early next week, and then, we will see.....

Unknown said...

What are you supposed to do without an oven? You are going to Dream Dinners and now have nothing to cook them on! I wouldn't be happy either!

Andrea said...

It's a bummer they wouldn't replace the entire thing! I guess you will at least have a working oven. The flowers sound pretty.