Welcome!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What did I come in here for?

I have known for some time, that I am getting older. My mind, is not quite what it used to be. I walk into rooms and don't know why I am there (including the BATHroom on occasion!), I leave the house several times before leaving for good with ALL of the items that I need, I have gone to the market without a list and stood, dumbfounded in the aisle, wondering what I could possibly need only to fill my cart and realize when I get home, that I have NOT gotten the milk that I went there to get. I forget things, lots of things. I write lists, if I lose a list, I will sit and do nothing because I simply cannot fathom what it is I am supposed to be doing! Having children, speeds up this process. I am sure that I should not have a third child because I will forget to put him/her in the car, or change a diaper, or... feed them? Oh, I guess that they would cry loud enough to remind me of that. I have forgotten to brush my teeth, or grab my keys and on one extremely, stressful and crazy morning when Gavin was a newborn...I forgot to put on pants. I might be considered dangerous if it weren't so funny!

I bring this up, because I have been on the computer for over an hour this afternoon and I know that I do not have time to be here. I came on...and then I checked emails and got side tracked and printed some recipies and some nutritional information for some eateries, then I moved some photos from one file to another and then I fixed up my virtual file boxes where I keep all of my pictures. Next, I read some blogs which prompted me to upload a few songs to my Ipod...we won't even get into that! I hardly even know how the thing works, let alone feel like there is ANY time that it would be appropriate for me to plug these things into my ears and tune out my entire family. Last time I did that .... the dog was eating a stuffed animal and Ella was pounding on the back door screaming to be let in to go potty and I heard...nothing. (a blessing perhaps?) I digress...I finished reading the blogs and then realized that I had no idea why I was on the computer at all... and when I did realize, my first thought was that I should post about this whole, silly and rather sad scenario.... so ... here I am.... online... and wondering..... what DID I come in here for?!?

I do remember, it was to fill out my forms for my student loans and now, that I have that firmly rooted in my mind, I will go....
before I forget!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

that is funny! I do the same thing all of the time. by the way, I want ot see pics of the painted kitchen!

oh, and we are going out of town next weekend so I won't see you at scrapbooking.

Phillips Family said...

Hey There!!! My students call me the "absent minded professor" I am always forgetting stuff-you are not alone. I promise to update my blog sometime this week...I know I've been a slacker, but you and Gina are "top bloggers" (if there was an award).