Welcome!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

May Grey


I had NEVER heard this saying before...but, that perfectly suits what is going on here with our weather. Thursday was Andy's and my 9th anniversary...we had the usual busy-ness that comes with a regular week day. We had planned a date night to go to a fondue restraunt next weekend, but the baseball "end of the season" party got planned for the same day. We will go to that bbq and then out to the movies, and try to reschedule the fondue for another time! The weather on today is EXACTALLY like it was on our wedding day, cold and drizzly. Kind of scary since we had a garden wedding. I had considered an entire post dedicated to our love story, but...alas, it has not come to fruition. Perhaps I will do this next year!

Ella was still not feeling great on Friday and while I was working, she curled up on the couch and took a nap. The dog was asleep too, and I must admit that I was a bit jealous! But, it was certainly a perfect day for this. We had an "around the house treasure hunt" before dinner and the kids found the treasure chest hidden in the pantry. Inside was "Beauty and the Beast", which Ella had never seen, and there was popcorn and candy. So, after dinner we curled up on the couch together, with a cozy fire blazing and watched a movie. What a wonderful rainy, cloudy, May Grey day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Ella. I hope she feels better soon. You are so creative with your kids. The treasure hunt is a cute idea. How did Ella like Beauty and the Beast?

Yvonne said...

Ella loved Beauty and the Beast...
she was enchanted and not afraid (I thought that she might be) Gavin loves that one too, so it was a nice evening! Thanks for the compliment..I try!