Welcome!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

In a land far, far away...

I am away...in scrapbook heaven! This is my scrapbook retreat weekend and I am loving it. I was getting a bit bored however and decided to take a break and post (and check in on 'lil Kelsey). I started my weekend on Thursday, when I left home fairly early in the morning to go to The Block in Orange... I had a massage appointment at Burke-Williams and spent some wonderful time alone, at the spa.

You can check it out here: http://www.burkewilliamsspa.com/home.htm

I got into the jacuzzi, lounged in the sauna and dripped in the steam room. Then it was time for an 80 minute massage....AWESOME. I took a gloriously long and unhurried shower and then wrapped up in my nice robe to relax by the fire and nibble a crisp apple. I dressed and got ready and reluctantly said good bye to my "home away from home". I was there for about 5 hours, and I did not want to go, but adventures awaited me. Off to Yorba Linda...

I am at the Ayres Inn and hanging out with an college friend. We checked into our room and started right in! I got a lot of stuff organized and ready, for 3 full days of scrappin! We went out to dinner and did some shopping at Michael's for some supplies. We worked until 11 p.m and then I crashed out to get some sleep and be ready for the next day.

Friday, we scrapped....cropped...trimmed...gabbed...enjoyed...relaxed and generally had a great time! We went to Vons to pick up some snacks and enjoyed lunch by the pool. Dinner time came before we knew it, and we were off to the Olive Garden. The day went faster than I expected but I got a lot done and fell into a wonderful sleep.

Saturday was more of the same, and I never even left the hotel. I just scrapped my brains out from 9 a.m. until 12 midnight! My eyes were bleary and my buns were sore, I went to bed late and felt wonderfully exhausted.

Today is our last day, I did finally sleep in a bit and now I am ready to work! I have completed 1/2 of 2007. I had really hoped to do the whole year, but I am pleased with what I have accomplished. I have already taken all of my luggage to the car and had breakfast. I am looking forward to seeing my family too! I have NEVER been away this long and have only been away from Ella for one night! I miss them and feel refreshed and rejuvenated and ready to get back to my real life... but... not yet.... there is still scrappin' to do... and I am off to enjoy it!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

wow what a fun weekend. What a great husband Andy is to take care of the troops while you get some good scrappin done.

I am very impressed and jealous. I have never had a massage before. Maybe someday.

Rebecca said...

I need a massage! So jealous!

Glad you had fun...I would have totally joined you if I was in CA.