Welcome!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Weight Loss Update and Tricks For YOU!

I continue to find success! I had a great weekend camping with my family and had the joyous experience of having to pin up my pants to keep them from falling down! I ate reasonably during the weekend and splurged a little on some chips and ice cream, but really ate well for the most part.

I know I had mentioned the "Wendie Plan" in a previous post, but I don't know if I went into detail. Basically, it helps you to use ALL of your alloted points during the week. I am a stickler for the rules and found myself always ONLY eating my low points, every day. I beleive that this is why I got "stuck" and could not lose another pound. Since following the plan, I have dropped another 2 pounds and only have 1 more to reach my second goal! (145) That will make a full 10 pound loss! (maybe more like 12, but I didn't weigh myself before I started because I was too afraid!)


You can read more about the "WendiePlan here: http://www.angelfire.com/crazy4/ahealthylifestyle/WendiePlan.html

I have found it to be working for me, and it allows you to eat "big" one day per week, which is not only a nice treat, but helps to rev up your metabolism!


The second discovery is this website: http://www.hungry-girl.com/. I must give credit where it is due, my friend Marie turned me on to this one! They have a free newsletter and lots of tricks for food trades and swaps and lots of good info right on the site! There is a recipie for chocolate cupcakes that sound AMAZING and are only 2 points! Yes, it gives the point value too! I am going to order the cook book and have been getting the newsletters, I have also printed out a stack of food ideas and recipies.


I am off to scrapbook and get ready for my weekend. I am still after Andy to try to put that slide show on YouTube, if he doesn't, I will post pics from The Ball! Details on our beach weekend, coming soon! Hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day! I did!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That sounds great. I started and then the weekend came... so I lost 2 and then gained 2. Still want to lose 5 pounds. This is the hard part for me!

Phillips Family said...

That is a pretty interesting web site. Thanks for the information.