Welcome!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oven drama

The drama continues! The repair guy ordered the part, the part came in, they scheduled a service call, the guy showed up, the guy put in the part AND.....
The BRAND NEW part, was no good! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Electric ovens are great, except when the electrical panel that controls them goes out! Right now, I would love a good 'ol fashioned gas oven, and I wouldn't even mind lighting it with a match! The part has been ordered ... AGAIN. They say it should be in early next week. I told the guy, that so long as it was in by Thanksgiving and I could cook a turkey, I would be happy! (I hope he doesn't take me seriously!)

We are heading out to the beach for the weekend to camp. I don't know if Andy tried to upload his slide show to You-tube or not... I will ask again. I would write more tonight and give you some pics....BUT... I want to work on my scrapbooks! On Tuesday night, I set up my table in the family room and caught up Ella's book. I have some journaling to do, but I will take that with me to work on during the weekend. Tonight, I want to finish up my 2005 book. I am getting ready for a big scrapbooking retreat and I don't want the tail end of these projects to weigh me down.

We had some work done on our back porch this week, too. An electrician came out and ran some wires, outlets and plugs, but... you guessed it...it is another not quite finished project and I do not want to put up pics until it's done.

I really hope that Andy can find the time next week to FINISH the kitchen...then, I will post! We are just so busy every night and every weekend, but now we have 3 projects going on that are not quite done...I hate that more than anything else. Next week, we will focus on the wrap ups, because during the Memorial Day weekend, we are going to start our next project. The bar in the kitchen....details to come!

3 comments:

Gina said...

The part thing happened to us with our microwave. SO frustrating! It took two part orders and three service trips-over a month in total for us to get our microwave working again. By the time is was up and running again, my cooking habits had changed enough that I barely use it anymore. Can't imagine not having an oven though...

Andrea said...

SO frustrating. I am impressed with your scrapbooking work. I think just the monthly night may be it for me right now. Although, I might get more motivated listening to you!

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.