Welcome!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

On Blogging

I have been thinking about my Blog all day and wondering if I will get a chance to write. I guess that the answer is yes. My hubby is giving a shower to the wee one and Gavin is running with the dog. Today, was a "good" day. I worked at the office, I shopped, I cleaned (o.k. it was really just picking up stuff that belonged in a different place and putting it into it's "proper" place), I polished brass screws. Yup... I did that. We are sprucing up the kids bathroom and I painted the shutters (ugh, what a wretched job) and then I realized that the knobs were grungy, so I cleaned them and then I realized that the screws looked awful. So, I polished them and now, they are nice. I went to a dentist appointment, but... I was VERY early, since the appointment is not until Thursday! Duh....

Tonight, I am hoping to finish catching up on Ella's toddler journal. I opened it up yesterday, only to discover that I have not written in it for almost a year! Oh NO!! Well, we moved and I was busy, and then it was the holidays and I was busy, and then her birthday party and then Gavin's... well, you know the drill. This morning I caught up from July 06 until Jan 07... I was sad when I cam to a page that had this prompt, "Write down something that your child did this week that you never want to forget"... well, that was back in October and you guessed it.. I already forgot! I wracked my brain and came up with a memory (thank goodness... she'll never know that I wrote October's journal in July!)

I would also like to hang up those shutters in the bathroom and maybe.... maybe.... dare I suggest.... mop the kitchen floor. I will not say how long it has been since THAT has happened. My old house cleaner has been on hiatus for a while (plus we were trying to be frugal with our money) and she said that she will be able to return to us in August. A big AMEN on that! I think that I finally have Andy convinced that he NEEDS to hire a gardener (or clone himself!). Our yard is just too much for one person to handle (or two... or three!).

Gavin is reading every word of this over my shoulder and I am amazed at his reading abilities! He wasn't even phased by "hiatus". (got him with "phased" however.. hee hee)

O.K. If I actually want to accomplish these things tonight, I'd better quit writing and start doing! When I'm done "doing", I hope that I have a little bit of time left, for "being".

No comments: