Welcome!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mission Accomplished


This morning, I managed to get to the gym (thanks Mom, for coming over to watch the kids) AND I did "fancy hair" for Ella. LOTS of ponytails, it takes some time, but it is worth it because it will last for a couple of days. I didn't get much done last night. The kids went to bed late and Andy and I enjoyed some "Cool Hand Lime" smoothies and then, I fell asleep watching some program on the Discovery Chanel about "Stigmata". Thank goodness for TIVO or I don't think that I would ever see an entire program.


Gavin wants to make "shape sandwiches" for our park lunch, so after they finish 1/2 hour of t.v. we will work on that before heading out to the park and the library. Swim lessons are after that. I am not sure what today will be like, but I am in the kind of mood where I am willing to just go with it and take it as it comes. Very rare for me.
Potty training with Ella continues. She is supposed to be fully "trained" for school in September, so there is some pressure (on us, not her). She has been in pull ups (some days) and underwear on others. We are on the go so much, I don't feel like I am devoting myself to it much. I have a potty in the car and take her at each stop we make and .. she goes. She has had MANY accidents: in the closet, on the couch, on the carpet and the best: on my clean folded laundry. All of these were with NO panties on at ALL, so it was a pretty big mess! (urine is sterile, right?) We bought some Princess pull ups and that seems to have done the trick! She does not want to pee on her Princesses! Yesterday, she proudly announced that she was NOT going to go pee in her pants. In the evening she was running around bare bottomed and when she had the feeling, she ran to us saying, "I need a pull up! I need the potty!" She went quite a bit! Today seems good so far, so perhaps we are almost there!
I have 15 more minutes of this t.v. time and I think that I will use it to wash my face and brush my teeth... a novel concept, I know.


No comments: