Welcome!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Not another manic Monday


A great weekend! STILL finishing the bathroom! We put a frame around the mirror and it looks REALLY cool, BUT it took longer than expected. As most of these projects do! We also just took it easy on Friday and Saturday. We slowed down and enjoyed our time together, which is always a nice treat! I really needed it! I am TIRED! I set up this crazy schedule for the summer and it overwhelmed us all! We were supposed to start stripping and refinishing our dining room chairs, but since the bathroom was not quite finished we decided not to get into another project. We also went out to visit Allen and Jen and Jordan (my brother and his family) at their new house (which is wickidly cool and has a pool!). Sunday we were off to church and then to the beach. It took a while to get there, but it was well worth it. The kids played in the sand and Gavin even boogie boarded! I got to read about 1/2 of a chapter in my book and we had a bbq, cleaned up and headed home!

Today, Gavin had Mad Science Robot Camp all morning. He had a great time and can't wait to go back tomorrow. Ella and I did the grocery shopping and then I putzed around cleaning and straightening up and entering a pile of reciepts into the checkbook. I feel calmer. I feel happier. I am really trying not to stress out over every little thing, and I seem to be doing pretty well! Andy is working in the yard, Ella is in the sandbox and Gavin is watching Pokemon. I have to get our dinner going, we are having ribs, ranch beans, corn on the cob and rolls! For dessert we have brownies! This is summer living at it's best!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am so glad to see Andy made it into the Fam Damily! I'm sure you were just waiting for an opportune time to the get a recent picture of all of you, and I'm glad to see it!
We need to take the boys to the beach again. Maybe next summer we can leave Madelyn with my mom or something and go out with you guys one day! That would be a fun activity to do on a visit to CA.