Welcome!

Monday, July 23, 2007

A Busy Weekend

I feel like I haven't written in a long time! But, it was just a few days ago, right? Our weekends have been so busy that they seem like weeks in themselves!

We have been working on fixing up the kids' bathroom and it is finally coming together! We got the shower curtain up, the shutters and valance up, the towel rack and tp holder are back up. Tonight we are going to assemble a cabinet and then CLEAN and then finish!!!! ( I hope! It is already 9 p.m. and I am on the computer and Andy is washing a sink full of dishes. oooh, not to mention the 5 loads of laundry that are heaped on the couch waiting to be folded!)

We had a great weekend! We worked on the bathroom and then Andy and I worked a wedding. (extra cash is always welcomed!) After that, we went out to eat at Olive Garden (yum) and went to the movies. We saw the new Harry Potter and felt slightly dissappointed. It was too short and too much seemed to be missing. If you had not read the books (are there such people?) I don't think that you would understand what was going on! "Harry" looks far too grown up to me also... After "Harry" we went and saw "Rattatouie"(sp?) and it was FANTASTIC!!!

Sunday was church and then off to the OC Fair! Noisy, busy, crowded, hot... but a corn dog and a lemonade and some caramel corn made it all worth while. We saw some piglets that were just one day old, and a cow and some calves and sheep and goats. We love looking at the garden, all of the fruits and veggies growing are so cool!







Today was good, Ella had her 2 1/2 year photos taken and she was a star! We went to Target to get all of Gavin's 1st Grade supplies. Very exciting. Swimming lessons and a fun afternoon spent in the yard with the sprinklers and kiddie pool rounded off the day. Gavin makes me tired. He is ALWAYS into something! I feel like I am CONSTANTLY on his case! He doesn't like it and I don't like it and I just don't know WHAT to do about it! This too shall pass, I suppose. I am just afraid that it will take the next 20 years for it to pass!!!!
I should get off of the computer if I plan on getting that cabinet put together. Until later!

2 comments:

CapturedbyTammy said...

I love your blogs Yvonne. You always did have a way with words.

Sounds like you're so busy all the time. We need to try and get together sometime now that I live so close to you.

Love the bathroom. You did a wonderful job!

Tammy

Yvonne said...

The cabinet was damaged and didn't get put together until last night, and we will hang it up today! ALMOST done! I had a lot of trouble with the photos and spacing of this post...BIG learning curve here!
Thanks for the compliment... I think it looks pretty cool!