Welcome!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Officially Finished

Well, Christmas is really over! We did the kids' pictures on Friday, they came out really great, I will scan one when they come in! Andy and I went to the movies in the afternoon to see "Golden Compass" and it was really good! Interesting concepts and great graphics, I wouldn't suggest it for a child under 10, however...it was pretty hectic. We went out to breakfast and "un-decorated" all day on Saturday. There was a great deal of cleaning and sorting and re-setting up and it was exhausting! I have sorted through all of the kids toys and set up new storage and play areas for them. I even cleaned out the medicine cabinets, the bulletin board and the fridge have been purged and cleaned and we have gotten rid of a bunch of stuff. The house looks really good, although it is still pretty "dirty" and needs a good cleaning! We are now gearing up to celebrate Ella's birthday and go to Family Camp with the YMCA, we are hoping for snow! Another year, another holiday season finished! Thank goodness we only do all of that ONCE a year, it might kill me if we did it more!

We spent the last day of our "vacation" hanging out with a portion of the Wilkerson family... Chris, Christina, Lucas and Sara came over for games and dinner. We had such a great time hanging out, talking and eating. The kids just ran around like kids do and they had a blast. I wish that we spent time with friends more often and I hope to make that more of a priority this year. We had a great meal of stuffed pork roast, mashed winter root veggies and green bean casserole, followed by home-made chocolate chip cookies! Yummy!

This morning it was back to the routine, with a few new twists... I got up at 6:00 a.m. (without hitting snooze even once...we will see how long that lasts!) I then went and did Yoga, which I have done every morning since returning from Arizona...I love it, it really helps me to stretch and feel awake, alive and ready for my day! We did not have rain today, so we got to walk to school...that was nice! Ella and I did a BIG grocery shopping and used coupons and stocked up for the month. I saved $67 using those coupons! AMAZING! I have been doing laundry all day too and it is all piled up on the couch just waiting for me. I actually like that, because then after the kids are in bed I sit and watch t.v. and fold away, it gives me such a sense of accomplishment! I made photo and doctor appointments for Ella and registerd to take the CBEST in February. I am going to be going back to school very soon and am working hard to get everything lined up for that. I am off to make dinner....and enjoy some cuddle time with my kids before they go off to bed. They are both really tired, so I may get some extra time to myself tonight, but I won't bank on it! Maybe I will even have the energy to do some strength training before I fall down...hmmm....I am pretty exhausted myself... It is hard to get back into the "groove"!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

GREAT job with the yoga. I haven't been exercising regularly since our haydays last week. I have to get back into it. Sounds like a good day of getting things done!

Gina said...

Here's hoping you can keep up with the Yoga. Sounds like you had a terribly busy but very productive day. I started doing some of that cleaning and reorganizing, but still have much to do! Getting back into the swing of things seems extra tough right now. Best of luck with the CBEST. Keep us posted on how that goes. :-)

Unknown said...

Good luck with school and the CBEST. I have heard it can be difficult. I have been trying the yoga. It is interesting. I really enjoy exercise and try to make it apart of my day. Just like you described yoga, I feel more awake and aware and good about myself during the day. Keep it up!

Andrea said...

Wow, you have gotten a lot done! I am impressed and hope that some of it can rub off on me! As for the CBEST I have taken it and it is not bad. Do you plan on being a sub while you are back in school?

Unknown said...

wow - you go, yoga lady! i just got a pregnancy yoga video from the library. nap time has not been long enough to let me use it yet this week, however . . . :)