Welcome!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Cuties!

We finally got back our Christmas pictures! Remember, I did not get them taken until AFTER Christmas, but they came out really great! Unfortunately, it appears that our scanner is showing it's age and not really doing that great of a job anymore. I'll be sure to add THAT to our "list".

We also did Ella's 3 year picture which was a great session with her showing off for the camera and coming up with her own poses! She was such a ham! I really wanted the blue flower background and a white dress. The only dress I could find that I liked, was $40! For me, that is an awful lot for a WHITE dress for a 3 YEAR old! She has no special events coming up to wear it to, so it would be for church and I am sure that I would be terrified that she would get paint or red punch spilled on it. So, the dress was borrowed (Thank you JC Penny's) We put it on, took the photos and then returned the dress. Ella was heart broken, she was sobbing over her pretty dress. I hope that the pictures don't remind her about it and bring it all up again!



8 comments:

Gina said...

Those pictures turned out great! I'm surprised Penny's let you borrow the dress--how cool! Ella's hair seems to be thicker, is it? It sure curls nicely. What great keepsakes you have!

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you gave Ella bangs, she sure is adorable with all the long and thick hair. JCPenneys didn't actually transact you for the dress and then for a return. It was just like you "tried on" the dress...and while you were at it you smiled for the camera and then you decided not to buy it, right? I think it's a brilliant plan! They are cute kids, that's for SURE!

Unknown said...

The kids look great in their pictures. Too bad you couldn't keep the dress, but nice that Ella was able to "borrow it" for a short time. She sure does take great pictures!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvonne said...

Well, I BOUGHT the dress, originally because I THOUGHT that the sign said 50% off... when I paid for it, I was charged full price because it was "Buy one, get one 50% off"...So, we took the dress home, brought it back on picture day, wore it for the shoot, and then returned it, but it was worn for no longer than 15 minutes. I might have kept it for $20, but $40? c'mon!

Yvonne said...

Gina, we were just noticing the other day that her hair is considerably thicker than when she was 2. It is also getting darker.
Rebecca, Ella told me the other day that she wants to grow out her bangs, but I think she has no choice...her hair would be in her face...always... and there are lots of days she wants to wear it down...with out me messing with it AT ALL.

Micaela said...

Yvonne-all the pictures are great! Ella is so beautiful...I loved the picture with fairy!

Andrea said...

I love Penny's!!! THe kids look so cute. I love her dress too. I think that is one of my favorite things about having a girl is getting Grandma (he he) to buy her pretty dresses.