Welcome!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Christmas List

I usually make a list, or rip out pages from ads and catalogs for my husband. I do this, so that he will not wonder whether or not I really want candle wax remover (which I really did, but he didn't beleive me) or new vacuum cleaner bags (which I did not, but they were on sale!). Everyone says that I am really hard to shop for, but I don't think so! There are so many things that I would enjoy having. I get my fair share of soaps, lotions, candles and other trinkets at the holidays (all of which I really do love!) but it seems that the things that I want most, get over looked.

This year... Andy did not get any pages or lists or anything. The best part of that, was that I had no expectations! I got so much good stuff this year, and I think the coolest part of all of it, was that people really got me what they thought that I would like and they were right! There is something so great about knowing that people "get" you!

Our roommate Afton got me the napkin rings that I had been eyeing, but didn't want to spend the money on. She also got me a set of simple white china plates with a gold rim. The GREAT thing about those, is that they allowed me to mix them with the 6 place settings of my good china (that I have never gotten to use) and set a beautiful table for Christmas. It looked SO great! Andy and I refininshed the table during the summer and have been working on the chairs all fall! They got stained and re-apholstered right before Christmas and with all of that done...it was AWESOME. Unfortunately, because I was sick, I did not take a picture of my pretty table. But here is one of the finished chairs!
Andy bought me a new pair of Crocs! They are red and fleece lined, how wickedly cool is that?! I LOVE them (of course) and really would prefer to wear nothing but! Alas, they really don't match my dress slacks! He also sprung for a box of Pepermint Jo-Jo's and a REALLY dark chocolate bar. The Jo-Jo's are like Oreo's (but better...) with a vanilla and peppermint filling. They have them at Trader Joe's, but only at Christmas time! He got me a Yoga mat and some Yoga videos too! I really scored!My brother gave us a new camera (which we needed really badly) , my mom gave me cash which I went out and spent on new and improved "mom clothes". Mostly some "sweat pants" and cozy shirts that look cute...and all of the other gifts for the kids were fabulous too! Lots of games that we can play as a family, which we love!

It was a wonderful holiday season with lots of family celebrations and lots of food and lots of fun. There was a lot of love going around and I feel so blessed by all of the presents, but more blessed by the Presence.

5 comments:

Micaela said...

Hey you! I love how you actually manage to get projects around the house done. You are my shining example of the possibilities of doing things around the house. I haven't quite figured out how to manage it myself... but you keep me believing that there's hope for me yet. Are you interested in going to a scrapbook weekend retreat in Yorba Linda in May?

Gina said...

The chair looks great and I can only imagine how pretty the table is too. What a wonderful project to have completed! I actually miss the days of house sprucing--not that the time to do it comes easily, but it's always neat to customize and see the finished product. Love those crocs too--I didn't know they come fleece lined! Looks better than slippers! Enjoy! :-)

Rebecca said...

I'm going to put Crocs on my list too. They look very comfy. Do you wear the same size in them as any other shoes?

Yvonne said...

As for scrappin, Mica.. more details please, yes..interested

Rebecca... you can go on Crocs.com and check out ALL of the styles...
there is also a printable sizing chart that you actually stand on to see how you "measure up". Be sure to print it 100%...I usually wear an 8 1/2 and wear a 9 in Crocs...better to go bigger than smaller...

Unknown said...

i got wooly crocs for Christmas, too! i love them! and your dining room chairs look great! holiday hosting is good for something, eh? :)