Welcome!

Monday, January 28, 2008

Nudist Colony

So I am inside the house, working on balancing the checkbook (um.. actually reading other people's blogs and intending to work on the checkbook) and Gavin is doing homework and Ella is playing so nicely outside by herself. Gavin finishes his work, runs out to play and asks, "Why is Ella naked?" Naked? Did I hear him say NAKED? I think to myself, she could not be completely naked, for goodness sake, it is COLD outside! Like, lower than 60 degrees (cold for here) and it is windy! But, when I went out to investigate, this is what I found running around on my driveway.

Yup, Ella was buck naked and playing "beach" with a sea shell that she found. She is carying the shell around and saying "The beach, the beach, I love the beach!" I asked if she was cold, she said "no" and so, I came back inside. I guess it was bothering Gavin to have her running around naked, so next thing I know they are both wearing bathing suits and now, playing with bubbles. Hmmm... is it bad that I don't care because they are playing nicely and not BOTHERING me?

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is a first. But, I do like little baby bums...they are very cute!

Gina said...

Ha Ha Ha...I love it! The beach...too cute! Bad, nope! If they are safe and getting along well, why bother them? :-)

Yvonne said...

Of course, it ended badly with Ella soaking herself with the hose and crying because she was freezing and Gavin making a mud puddle and ending up filthy. Lots of drama but I must say that they were both bathed and in pj's by 4:30 p.m.! I guess it wasn't so bad after all!

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Clothes are just in that girls way! Does she say that she gets hot and that is why she decides to strip? It just cracks me up that all of us blogging moms run for the camera first because we just need to share all about our kids. It is just great! Keep it up!

Micaela said...

Remember the days when running around naked was fun and felt so freeing! How do we get back there?

Andrea said...

It has been so so so cold here. She is hilarious.