Welcome!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend Fun!

Whew.... are you ever glad when the weekend is over? Sometimes, I am! Like this weekend, where I was only home for a few hours and now, I am glad to be here to get back to a routine! Don't get me wrong... I had LOADS of fun this weekend, but I am beat!

Friday was really nice... Ella and I went up to Gavin's school to cheer for the Fun Run! The kids run laps and raised money for the school. Gavin ran a MILE! He was very proud of himself! Afterwards they all had popsicles and Ella and I headed home for lunch. After lunch, we hung out in the backyard, Ella in the sandbox and me on a lounge chair with a book. (I am STILL reading "Eat, Pray, Love" and I don't want it to end, but I am almost there...) I did some house work and prepped for the weekend and stopped by to visit with my in-laws while the kids played "Pokemon" around the pool. Later, Andy and I went out... on a DATE! It CAN happen!

Afton stayed home with the kids and we went for $15 massages! It is really very cool...you just sit on a little stool (with clothes on) while your feet are soaking in a tub of HOT tea. The guys work on your back, shoulders, neck, head, legs and arms. When you are done with that part, you sit in a recliner and get about 20 minutes of foot massage with reflexology. AMAZING!

We then went out for dinner at a great Thai restraunt that we have been wanting to try. Food and company were great. We ran into Gavin's kindergarten teacher and her husband and ended up chatting for about an hour before we went home to enjoy a HUGE piece of chocolate cake and an episode of "LOST". Ahhhhhhh.... so nice! (I should have taken my camera so that I could have taken some pics....but...I didn't!)


I was up early on Saturday to do my Snack Shack duty for Little League. I had to pick up the doughnuts (7 dozen in my car... can I tell you how good THAT smelled!) and be up at the field by 7:30. My shift officially ended at 12 noon, but I stayed to help the next shift get into the swing of things, and was done at 1:00. Then it was time for Gavin's game! He is doing so well! He is a great hitter and getting really good at staying and playing his assigned position. It was hot though and the kids were worn out. When we got home, we set up some lounge chairs on our front lawn, in the shade and chilled. I even took a lil snooze! Dinner, story time and some more time with my book rounded out my day.
Sunday was church and out to Pasadena to visit with my brother and his family. It was my Sister-in-law's birthday and we had a wonderful bar-b-que. There were lots of friends and family there, the kids played in the ball pit, kiddie pool, sprinkler and with bubbles. I sat in the shade, tried to stay cool and eat within my points and downed bottle after bottle of water. My lil niece is getting cuter every day and I love to see her toddle around and be goofy. She has a great fake laugh and likes to tell you "no" for every question you ask.
We got home pretty late, I read some stories to Gavin (The Frog Prince & Hansel and Gretel) and then, I promplty fell asleep on the couch. Weekend over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gavin looks so cool out in the field in his baseball jersey! He looks very focused!

Gina said...

Wow--you guys always seem to pack things in. :-) Sounds like fun but I'd be worn out too! :-)