Welcome!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tummy Update

I AM CURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least, I think I am!!! I forgot to take my meds one night last week, and I had been feeling pretty good, so I thought, "Well, we will see how I do". I was fine on Friday and Saturday, but by Sunday I was feeling not so good and by Monday I was back to square one.

I went online, I talked to my mom, I thought and thought about how I FEEL. My step dad has had heart burn problems for a long time and after talking with him, I decided that maybe...it was acid and that I had "heart burn" from my esophagus to my colon!! I took a Prilosec on Wednesday and felt REALLY good...I had an "anti-feeling" in my guts, like I didn't even know that I HAD guts. (is this the way it is supposed to be?) By the evening time, I was a bit naseuous and went to bed.

Yesterday, I felt GREAT and today my guts are a non-issue. I also think that part of the reason that I over-eat is because I have been trying to quench the burning in my belly... I especially crave sugarary treats, like chocolate. THAT too would make sense considering that sugar is a base...my body craves it to counter balance the acid! As a result, I have had an easier time sticking to my points and not eating so much!

I am going to try the drug for the 14 day cycle and hope that I can get off of it and only take a cycle every now and again when I start to have a problem. I know that my step dad cannot stop taking it, at all.... and I hope that I do not have to do that, but if it keeps my tummy in check. I will. Thanks for your prayers and support, and hopefully, I will not have to spend another day, curled up in pain.

7 comments:

Gina said...

Does NOT sound like fun. S sorry to hear your tummy troubles persist. This drug sounds likes it works quicker though...let's hope!

Unknown said...

Good luck! I hope that you have found your cure.

Andrea said...

Yeah!!! It is nice to finally figure out stomach issues. Different things work for different people.

Rebecca said...

I couldn't tell that you weren't feeling well on Sunday. And, you had to host a whole host of folks, too. If I were you I'd want to curl up and sleep all day long...but we know you can't do that. So, keep on trying to make it better!

Yvonne said...

R - I guess I should have revised my post... it was the weekend BEFORE you were here that was bad, and I had been on the meds for a while when you WERE here. I really feel GREAT! I feel like it is a miracle (silly, but hey... )
I am still doing really, really well... I am a bit nervous about what will happen when I go "off" the meds, but we will see.

Phillips Family said...

oh my goodnesss......that sounds like it hurts. i hope you feel better soon.


mia

Unknown said...

MAN - tummy troubles are a drag! I'm glad you've found something that seems to work. I'll pray for you! :)