Welcome!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Day With My Boy!

Gavin and I had our day, yesterday. Boy do I love that boy! I really see how important it is for the two of us to spend time together. We really know how to rub each other the wrong way and we get awfully upset with each other, much more often than I would like. But, on the other hand we adore each other like nobody else does ....
The one on one time was so good because there was no other stress or pressure, just us, hanging out.

I thought long and hard about what we could do together, because I really wanted us to be TOGETHER...not just him, running off and me watching. I finally came up with the PERFECT thing! We went to Griffith Observatory! It was engaging, and old enough for him, and it was something that Ella would NOT have enjoyed, I love space and stars and all of that, and so does he. We had to go to the market first, before we could head out, but even that was really enjoyable, together. We drove out to L.A. and I told him that he could not bring his Game Boy, so we had to talk. We talked about our "favorite things" and he told me of his "plans for the future". (He wants to be the President of the United States, someday, he says.)
When we got there, we had a picnic lunch and then we checked out exhibits and talked and he asked so many good questions! We got tickets for the Planetarium show and had a great time seeing that. We shared a soda at the cafe before heading home. It was really cool!
Later that night, we read a couple of chapters from our latest book and then he snuggled with me to watch American Idol. I let him stay up late..it is Spring Break, after all - besides, I was enjoying the cuddle time! Yeah for one on one with my kids... and yeah for the chance to celebrate them!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I loving having one on one time with the kids. I still have to work on it. It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Rebecca said...

Gavin has the same hairstyle as the statue (is that Albert Einstein?)

I don't think I've been to Griffith Observatory. Is there an IMAX theater close to it? I've been to the IMAX, but not the observatory. I'll put that on my list of things to do.

Yvonne said...

IMAX is down at the Science Center where we went for the Superhero event... there is an IMAX theatre at the Space Center in Balboa Park down in San Diego. The Observatory is way up on a hill above the LA zoo... not really good for lil kids.. I don't even think Sam is old enough.. well, he is into space... so he might get it..5 and up for SURE....We had fun and yes, that is Einstein!)

Julie said...

Hey thanks so much for your comment on Leelou blogs. I will try to make more little thumbnail pictures when I make new layouts. It just takes a lot of time that I didn't have when I made the last few ones. I really like making them too, so hopefully next time they'll be there!
*Leelou*