Welcome!

Friday, February 29, 2008

It's not goodbye...

Or, is it...
Goodbye world... it is March and I am going to be eaten alive by the month from
"H-E-double toothpicks"..... Not hell in a bad way, but in an overscheduled crammed full of fun, excitement and adventure kind of way that almost makes me want to be sick... like a really big roller coaster. In 20 minutes, I will pull down my safety harness and strap myself in for a REALLY wild ride!

I don't think that I will be posting much this month, it seems to be the only thing that I will be able to cut back....

Here is the itinerary.... This month we will: get my car an oil change, read that as...take my car in and find out that it has several things that need fixing and I will not have a car for 3 days. WE are having the AC maintenence done, and a small wall will be torn out of my kitchen while a pocket door is installed. There is some minor electrical involved in this project and I prefer not to consider what it will be like to eat dinner at the kitchen table in the dark for 3-5 days. Andy and Gavin will make a Pinewood Derby car, which will be raced on the 9th. I am working on Gavin's birthday party, which involves making "treasure stones", a map, clues, a custom table cloth that looks like a pirate map, a "jolly roger" for out front, and several other games and of course, goody bags. Did I mention the cake? It will look like a pirate ship. Oh, my boss/minister/friend is coming over for dinner tomorrow and I have made a homemade cake with homemade ice cream for dessert. We have baseball practice twice a week, and games begin after opening day on the 8th. The plumber is coming tomorrow to fix the running toilet that Andy already fixed, but is still not fixed. We are going to the symphony. I will teach Sunday School and Andy will do sound on the 2nd. Gavin has a "Read Across America" event on Monday the 3rd and I am to be at the school to read with him and join him for lunch. I am also reading "A New Earth" and am going to participate in Oprah's online course...that starts Monday too...and that is the same day that we are meeting with contractors to look at our plans for adding a second story studio over our garage. I am getting new lenses for my glasses and Gavin needs to have his picture taken ... and he needs to go to the Dr. for a checkup... Ella has tumbling on Wednesdays and Gavin has piano...Gavin's birthday is on the 6th and I have been asked to take doughnuts to class that day so that he can celebrate. I am supposed to go scrapbooking on the 6th, BUT...Andy has to work late, and Gavin has dance class. On Friday the 7th, Ella has Family Lunch at school at 11:15, and Gavin has is receiving an award at the assmebly at his school (across town) at 12 noon. I will be splitting myself in half and each child can have a part of me present for their event. Did I mention Opening Day for baseball, we have that (Andy is the assistant coach for Gavin's team) and we are going to paint the trim in the kids' room and replace the doorknobs. Ella has no school on Thursday the 13th, but I have to work and so I have to find childcare, and that is the day of her parent conference... Playdates on Fridays at the park and Gavin has a field trip that he would like me to chaperone, but I have to have fingerprint clearance before they will let me go. I might be a bad influence...or worse! Gavin has a performance for his dance class on the 15th, but that is the day that I am supposed to scrapbook and Andy has to work and I am supposed to be getting ready for his party the next day. We are working on St. Patrick's Day, a wedding at our church, and we are invited to stay for dinner, but it conflicts with Pajama Storytime at the library. I am signing on to become a Creative Memories consultant and need to sell some ridiculous amount of product this month and am having a "Get Together" at my house on the 22nd...oh, I guess I have to send out invitations for that, and plan food... otherwise, nobody will be here and if people do come, they will most likely be hungry...right?
Then it is Easter! Oh MY GOSH!!!! Easter Baskets and goodies and eggs.... not to mention that we are going down to San Diego to celebrate with my cousin who is having a baby! Andy will be on Spring Break the last week of the month, and he will be painting our kitchen cabinets and replacing all of the hardware too....I need to write a letter to the principal to request a particular teacher for Gavin next year, and finish my financial aid paperwork and the last Friday of the month I volunteer in Gavin's classroom...We are planning a Huffaker Family Art Festival for the last weekend, we are going to explore different painting styles and visit some museums and stuff
and then......
I will fall down.

Whew... I don't know if that made me feel better....or worse.

Now, it is officially March.... did I schedule sleep? I better grab some while I can.
If you don't hear from me for a while...."It's just good night and not good bye" (from a camp song) Fare thee well, dear friends.... until next time.....Wish me well....

12 comments:

CapturedbyTammy said...

My gosh! I got exhausted just reading that! You sure are busy. No wonder I haven't seen you since the reunion. Try to take some time for yourself. I know, better said than done.
How old will Gavin be?

Yvonne said...

Gavin is turning 7! And I will carve out some time for me...hopefully by taking that class and finding some time to read. Next month is very calm and open...Thank GOD!

Gina said...

My goodness! I'm duzzy just reading what the month has in store for you all! Good to hear that April doesn't look the same.

Rebecca said...

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. It does sound like a normal Yvonne month to me! I would love to know why you are becoming a Creative Memories consultant? Don't you think you're busy enough as it is? What type of dance is Gavin taking? Is he enjoying it? He was a dancing maniac last time we saw him :)!

Yvonne said...

I am doing the CM consultant because they have a rockin' deal right now where your start up kit is 1/2 price and if you make enough in sales, they re-imburse the 2nd half. I can add on the digital package for about $25 so i can get a ton of product for almost free! Besides, I personally need about 6 albums right now for Gavin, Ella, our year last year and this and my cake book and family reunion so if I can get them at a lower cost, good for me! Gavin is taking a hip hop class and they are doing a routine with music from High School Musical 2, he has a special part and he LOVES it! He is a dancing fool! The teacher asked how many classes he has had and was surprised when I said, none! He just "gets" it!... gotta get to my treasure hunt clues!

Rebecca said...

Ok, I get why the CM thing now. Makes complete sense! I tried to get Noah to do hip hop a few years ago...he said no way jose. I don't know what his problem is, I'd love to be taking hip hop with Gavin! I'm a dancer and I've got boys who will have nothing to do with it...Madelyn better not be a tomboy!

Jaime said...

OH MY GOSH! You're crazy woman, that sounds like self-inflicted torture to me!

Unknown said...

well, i suppose i should just say, "peace be with you!" hope you can find some REST this month (and have fun amidst the craziness!)

Andrea said...

oh my! At least you are really getting a lot done. How fun for Gavin. Where is he taking dance?

Micaela said...

Be sure to try to take care of yourself admist all this busyness. That is a great deal with CM, that's why I did it when I did, to support my own habit. Good luck!

Yvonne said...

Gavin is dancing with a class from the community center.. it is just 6 weeks so no big commitment...long term that is.. he is having fun and has a special part.. they are doing a song from High School Musical 2....he loves it

Phillips Family said...

You are just as crazy as ever. Whenever you can grab a Calgon moment. I did the CM thing for the same reasons. I stocked up the first 3 months....basically I bought all the things....and then I quit after a couple of months. I still have stuff I use. Everything else I didn't need I sold on ebay.