Welcome!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's dinner last weekend! We invited one of our favorite families over (actually 2 of them, but one had a sick child and had to cancel), and enjoyed a wonderful dinner, wine and chocolate bread pudding for dessert. We got lots of time to visit and relax because our roommate Afton was our server, kid care taker and clean up! It was so great!I made cookies with the kids and we had such a great time! They were messy and rascally and it was a bit chaotic, but the cookies came out great and we had fun!Andy came home after we had all left for the day and he took out the trash, cleaned up the breakfast dishes and put away the folded laundry! What a wonderful surprise! He also got me a bottle of wine, some chocolates and bath salts! I got him some green m&m's, a conversation card game and a singing toothbrush. (He has been coveting the kids' and said he wanted one, silly, yes...but I love him!) We bought some simple little boxes of chocolates for the kids, just to say "I Love You!". On Friday night, Afton is going to help the kids make dinner for us.

We don't miss an opportunity to show our love and to celebrate around here! Hope you don't either!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Wow! Sounds great! Your table looks wonderful and Afton is a precious room mate and friend!

Rebecca said...

The cookies look delicious and amazing, I wish I was there to sample one!

Andrea said...

Those cookies really look sooo good. I don't think that my kids could have done that well.