Welcome!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Catching up


Haven't had much time to post, mostly because I used my computer time to read lots of other peoples blogs....

I did take the CBEST... last weekend, before going to the parade! I think that I did o.k.? I don't even know if my score is available on line yet... I have been so swamped that I haven't looked!
Last week involved a great deal of running around and activities and kid juggling, but we made it through!

The weekend was non-stop birthday parties! Both of my nieces turned one last week! Andy's brother's daughter that we visited in January and my brother's daughter Jordan who lives in Pasadena. I had the honor of making Jordan's cake and we went our early to set that up and help with any last minute party details. (I got to hold Jordan while her mommy got dressed!)

We went to a place called "Peek A Boo Playland" in Pasadena and the kids had a great time. It looks like a preschool classroom with a bounce house in the middle of it all. There are dress up clothes and a train table, house area, small ball pit, puzzles and lots of ride on toys. There is even a backyard with swings and a basket ball net and all kinds of great stuff! My kids had a great time playing and running and just being kids. Later we went back to my brother's house for a family dinner and party. Whew! Were we tired by the end of the night!
On Sunday, we went to church... I was the teacher for Sunday school this week.. we had a lot of fun talking about energy and spirit. We did some Tai Chi, and played with magnets and danced to some music and drew pictures of energy bursts. After church, we were off to a 3 year old birthday party... and Gavin had to leave early from there to attend his own party.... for a friend from school. Andy dropped him off and came back to enjoy the other party with Ella and me and our friends. We took Ella to Toys R Us for her birthday balloon and to spend some birthday cash and then we picked up Gavin. I was totally wiped out... I spent most of the evening veggin out in front of the t.v. catching up on my "Jon & Kate Plus 8". If you haven't seen the show, it is pretty fascinting to have a window into the lives of a family with a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. Kate is very much like me and I like to see how she handles situations and sometimes I wish that I were a bit more like her...she is great with her kids, even if other stuff gets the best of her! You can check out what they are all about here: http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/jon-and-kate/jon-and-kate.html.

So, today is a "day off" and Andy and I have been busy cleaning, doing laundry, playing with kids and the dog, making breakfast, lunch and dinner and cleaning all of that up, grocery shopping, errand running and some odd jobs here and there. It has been a fun and full day, and I am ready to plop down and do some reading tonight. I have been reading a great book that is fun and informational and gives my spirit a lift... it is called "I was a good mom, before I had kids" Of course it is available on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Was-Really-Good-Before-Kids/dp/081185650X/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203382313&sr=8-1, but I borrowed my copy from the library, so I am feeling some pressure to actually read it and get it finished. Hopefully you can find some time to check it out!

8 comments:

Gina said...

I was just thinking, the other day, that Jordan ought to be one soon--Happy Birthday Jordan! Great looking cake--I bet Jen & Allen were happy. Sounds like a great place to have a kid party--thet seem to have everything! I really enjoy Jon & Kate too--they're great together & I get her. :-)

Rebecca said...

I haven't watched Jon and Kate...except for a glimpse when Matt was flipping channels the other day. I'll have to record it and watch it.

Unknown said...

I love that cake. It is so cute. Did you really make that? Very talented. I really like the Jon & Kate show. It is amazing what they are doing! I watched one episode where they drove with all those kids to Disneyworld. CRAZY!

Yvonne said...

Yeah, I made the cake, including the white chocolate candy candles! It was one of the easier cakes and it may show up in other color combinations as the years go by! Thanks for the compliments.
I hear you on the Disney world thing, I am amazed that they can get them all bathed and dressed on a daily basis, let alone GO any where!

Jaime said...

Hey Yvonne! Remember me from scrapbooking at Pam's? It's so fun to find your blog just hopping around from blog to blog! Could you tell Rebecca to invite me to her blog, I haven't seen them since Janet's wedding when she was pregnant! :)

Michal said...

what a darling cake! you did a great job. the book also looks like one worth checking out.
i'll have to tivo jon & kate. it sounds like a cute show.

Phillips Family said...

Hey Lady!!

Cute cake....how did you make the candy candles? Pretty neat.

mia

Andrea said...

That is such a cute cake! I also have to say that I have been having a fun time watching Jon and Kate + 8. It makes me feel better when I am having a bad day. I think that Kate is hilarious.