Welcome!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I am here..

I have been busy! Busy RELAXING! (and putting my house and life back in order!)

I put things away, I made lists, I read a book, I scrapbooked for an entire day, I watched two movies and a whole bunch of Oprah's, I have cooked and baked and yesterday, I slept for 12 hours. Yes, you read that right! TWELVE hours! I don't think that I have done that, since college! (technically I AM in college right NOW, so maybe that is why!) I fell asleep on the couch at 7 p.m. after my sweet son covered me with a blanket and my daughter snuggled up with me. At 11 p.m. my darling husband turned down the bed and I slept until my alarm went off at 6.. I then hit snooze until 7 a.m.!!!! I feel really good today! (ya think!?)

The garden is CRAZY out of control!!! I will post pics soon!

We went to San Diego last weekend. Here are the highlights: Before leaving, we discovered that our DVR died. It would not turn on. Ordered new one, it came on Tuesday and is now installed. Took a u-haul truckload of furniture to my cousin who is in college and moving into her first apartment. We got lost. Unloaded furniture. Drove to return truck - got lost. Went to family graduation party for my cousin who just finished high school. Had a blast, until Ella came to me crying and holding her arm. Subluxation, nurse maid's elbow, dislocation, call it what you want, it hurt like hell and we took her to the ER. Way to break up a party! Andy and Gavin went with my uncle to his house (where we were planning on staying the night) My aunt and cousin (who was the grad) went with Ella and me to the hospital. My cousin and her friend had been swinging the kids. One had the feet and one had the arms and they were swinging them like a hammock (is that spelled right?) Used to do that with my little cousins! It's fun, until a loose jointed peanut like my daughter gets her arm out of whack! Waited several hours for x-ray and when the tech moved her arm, it popped back in. 7 p.m until 11 p.m. at the ER... not too bad, really! Visited with friends on Sunday and finally saw their new place, had lunch and lots of fun! Drove home. Watched a movie, a video tape, the last one we might ever see, our VCR died. (what is up with this!?)

I passed the CSET... with flying colors I might add (or brag!). SO relieved! I think that is why I slept so long! Today I spent the day with my mother-in-law! She cashed in her Christmas present! There are a bunch of antique and gift shops along the Boulevard that we both have wanted to check out, so together we went shopping today! I got a cool night light (my early birthday present) and I did some Christmas shopping. She bought a nice grocery shopping bag and a clock. We stopped for lunch at a little bakery and had chicken salad on fresh croissants (heavenly) and a homemade chocolate chip cookie for dessert! Yum!!! It was a great day!

Ella had her last day of preschool today and Gavin will enjoy his last day party tomorrow. He is sad and excited to be leaving the 2nd grade. It was such a great year for him! He has grown up and matured SO MUCH this year and especially in the last couple of months. The tantrums have almost dissappeared and the level of focus and responsibility have increased. Oh, I do see the light! He has been practicing piano (WITHOUT BEING ASKED) EVERYDAY!!!!!! He really likes his songs right now and FINALLY realized that if he practices...the songs are REALLY easy!!!

I should get off to bed, the house is a mess and we have company coming over for dinner tomorrow. They might be shocked to see my house this way! I will be running the popcorn machine at the party tomorrow and then we are going bowling to celebrate the end of the school year! Later you can find me drinking Mojitos and celebrating my wonderful and amazing life with my incredible family. If you are local and care to join me.. stop on by!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

We did choose the same background...great minds think alike! I would be so bummed if my DVR died. The VCR not too much, we hardly have any VCR movies left at our house.

Have fun enjoying your summer vacation.

Gina said...

Poor Ella--here's hoping she's feeling like herself again.
Congrats on passing the test. Sounds like you all are finally in summer mode--enjoy!

Rae Rice said...

I don't think you slept because you passed the cset...I think that your "slowed down" life might be exhausting you!