Welcome!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Crazy Projects


Does anyone else "assign" themselves "crazy" projects? Things that you decide "must" be done, but really may not be all that important? I do it, I do it all the time! Cleaning out cupboards, reorganizing closets and other such things.


This time I have started on a project of transfering all of my childhood records onto CD. Of course, I can't just transfer them, I feel the need to copy the album cover, reduce it to the size of a CD and then type up all of the information from the back jacket onto a paper and create the insert. I have several CD's made, and several copies of the albums copied, but the rest is just waiting.


The pile is hiding on a dining room chair and I am hoping that after school is over for the semester I can complete this crazy project. It has been really fun listening to these recordings and my kids are enjoying them now too. I will be glad when I can dump all of the old records (sad, isn't it?) into the trash can and get them out of the box in my garage. (before you ask, I looked into selling them, but really I only find them for under $1.00 most places that I look!)


Crazy Projects... do you have any?

7 comments:

Rae Rice said...

What you are doing is a crazy project to be avoided in our house (over 500 records!). My crazy project is making a power point presentation about the song American Pie.

Yvonne said...

Oh, I am not even going near my high school records or the several hundred cool old records from my grandmother.. for now, my childhood records are enough!

Nicole Homel said...

oh yeah...crazy projects NEVER end around here. The crazy project I keep coming back to, is trying to catalog my library. started as a stress thing during the fires, and kinda has never ended.
Viva la crazy projects!

CapturedbyTammy said...

I thought you were talking about your high school records. I was going to tell you not to get rid of those.

Gina said...

Yep, I have a couple of crazy projects in my mind too--just trying to get by enough of the essential projects to find my way to the crazy ones. :-)

Suzanne said...

Ok, the walls of my room are basically a scrap book of my life... so my crazy project is constantly taking down the stuff that is no longer important in my life, and putting up the new stuff. Of course some things stay for a long time like art work and the like but other things come down quite quickly like pictures of movie stars and old fliers... its constantly changing.

Unknown said...

crazy projects? you mean like taking apart all your old magnetic photo albums and scanning the pictures? or trying to create a make-shift recording studio in your office? or scanning your entire music collection onto your hard drive? no, i don't know what you're talking about. or where you got those weird, over-the-top genes.