Welcome!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Flashback!

I have been trying to get all of my stuff out of my mom's basement. I realized that at my age, I should take over the storage of my possessions. I am sure that she is relieved by this. My husband, is not. He has had to endure many boxes being brought in and unpacked. Of course, I want to share these memories with someone and he has been my chosen "victim". I look over each item and decide it it is going to the trash, goodwill, to be given to the kids, or put into storage in the attic. He has listened to every story and tried really hard to sound interested.

I brought home a box of miniature doll house furniture this weekend and it went to the attic. The other box was dolls and knick knacks. Some of the stuff was silly, like a plastic mother deer with two fawns chained to her. It was supposed to look like glass, and I know that someone gave them to me, but I don't remember who. (they went in the trash) Gavin got a small train and Ella got a Holly Hobbie and Carie doll in addition to this family......

The Sunshine Family! This is the newer version, the originals looked even more "hippy-ish". Mom had long flowing hair and so did Dad and the little girl was a baby.. these guys were headed into the mid-70's with the long flowing dress and the dad's perm..and they had a new baby. Ella is thrilled with them. I only wish that I had the old camper that they came with. AHHHH, childhood.. and memories.

Can't wait to open up some more boxes. (Sorry, Andy)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I remember having a Sunshine Family Coloring Book.

Rae Rice said...

Never played with the "Sunshine Family" but I can relate to passing down toys. I gave Nellie some of my My Little Ponies and board games and she thinks that they are the bees knees.

Unknown said...

You had the best doll house in the entire world. I still remember, as a little girl, being in awe of your bedroom and the beautiful multi-level dollhouse with the real electric lamps! Did these dolls live there? They look very familiar to me.