Welcome!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Garden - O.O.C. (that's "Out Of Control")

It grew fast and we have already harvested! We grew purple snap beans (like green beans but a bit fatter and purple) and had them for dinner last night. We were all kind of bummed and surprised to find that the beans turned green when we cooked them!


We have had a few small tomatoes and lots of parsley, sage, rosemary and cilantro! The pumpkins have taken over and we have figured out a better configuration for next year. They have spilled out onto the grass and we are going to let them continue right where they are. The vine that went down looks like it will be a pretty good producer and we don't want to damage the vine by moving it. The sugar snap peas never really did much and we have two tiny plants that we have already eaten all of the peas from. They will be coming out thereby giving more room to the pumpkins.




The corn fell over the night after I took these pictures and we decided that the seed had not been planted deep enough. Andy came home and piled about 3 more inches of dirt around the bases and staked them up with bamboo. We really hope that they make it! Purple sweet corn, who knew?

3 comments:

Nicole Homel said...

The garden looks great!
I am eager to hear more about the corn!

Rae Rice said...

Not sure how I missed this blog, but I am amazed with the garden. Sometimes I wish I had the land and the patience.

Unknown said...

Your garden looks great! I am REALLY enjoying mine! Tons of zucchini and my tomatoes are ripening! SO MUCH FUN!