Welcome!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Reviewing my life

I was reading some of my older posts and realized that I have the same "stuff" going on that I did 2 years ago. Busy life, cranky kids, messy house...so... same life, different day, I guess. I don't know whether I should feel sad or relieved, really. Is this what it's going to be like, until my kids move out? Am I going to feel like a crazed, exhausted, overworked maniac for the next 18 years? Will I just move to a place of acceptance? I guess these are my choices to make. After reading several posts I did realize that, even though my situation has not changed much, the way that I deal with it has. I don't freak out as much, I don't worry as much and I don't "do" as much! I have gotten better at priorities (kids and family before work) and at taking time for myself and leaving the guilt behind. Still climbing, still trekking, still hoping!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Keep the hope alive! :-) I think it really is strongly related to attitude and perspective. Things will change, maybe not much, but they'll change. How you flow with it will matter much. My best to you in this continued journey! :-)

Rae Rice said...

So then, it isn't the same life, different day. All anyone can do is hope that they learn from situations in the past. Keep your eye on the big picture, and know with experience comes wisdom.

Unknown said...

Isn't it interesting to see the growth in yourself? You realize how much the little things don't matter and start to enjoy our family and just being together.

Phillips Family said...

Perfection is over-rated so is excitement. I definitely prefer consistency. LOL!!!