Welcome!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's Done!

Wow!!! My floor is finished!! I am beyond ecstatic! It looks really great and so far, seems easy to clean. Heck, why clean it, you can't tell it's dirty! (I am kidding, ya know!)


The guys came today and finished the baseboards and transition pieces and it looks fabulous! I am sitting here waiting for them to come back and put my laundry room door back on, but then it is done. Well, we have to get the baseboards painted and touch up the walls and cupboards that have gotten dinged up. But it is pretty finished! We put in a vinyl tile and I think that it is perfect for us. It is durable, easy to clean, "softer" than ceramic tile and the color will hide dirt perfectly!

Andy worked on Gavin's room a bit this morning and they are off working on a pinewood derby car. I am hoping that we can work some more when they get back, but I am having a lazy day. Yeah, you read that right, LAZY! I have hardly done anything and I am trying to enjoy it.

I was having trouble falling asleep and Andy got me some night time Tylenol. Unfortunately, I react badly to anything that MIGHT make you sleepy. Don't get me wrong, I got a great night's sleep, but I didn't wake until 9 and have been in a fog since. In fact, after breakfast and some workbook activity time with Ella, she and I curled up together on my bed and took a nap! We ate a picnic lunch on our front lawn and I opened the mail. After the guys return to put my door on, I do have an errand to run, but after that it's dinner and game night with the family. That's it, my entire day...doing nothing. I hope that my "day off" will give me lots of energy to get things done tomorrow!

Here are pictures of the kitchen with the new floor! Coming next...the low down on Gavin's birthday celebrations!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

The floor looks really great. You guys have had a lot going on lately. You deserve a day off!

Rebecca said...

The floor looks really nice. Matt and Noah are doing the same tonight - pinewood derby car.

Unknown said...

The floor looks very nice! It is fun to see the progress of all the work happening in your home!