Welcome!

Monday, March 9, 2009

A Miracle Or Just Hard Work?

Well, things are getting done at a slow and steady pace without any arguing or exhaustion. I was really grumpy on Saturday (darn those sleepy drugs), but we made it through the day. We even had time to play a game with the kids after a homemade dinner. Andy and I both worked on paperwork even though I hate having to "work" on a Saturday night. Sunday morning saw the family off to church while I stayed at home to work on Gavin's birthday cake and some household chores that could wait no longer.

I finally found my bar (it was buried under a HUGE pile of STUFF) and got my paperwork in order! That is the first major task that got accomplished and I am so relieved! I feel like I have a better grip on things now, even though I have a folder full of things that need to have actions taken. At least now, I know where I am and what I'm up against!

We took a nice walk around the neighborhood and the kids rode their bikes, Ella is so darned cute on her tricycle! After we got back, Andy's dad came over to help him put together the new computer armoire! It was a BIG job. We took a break for dinner and then they were back at it. Andy finally finished at 11:00 last night. Now I have the task of organizing all of my junk and finding it a new home within the cabinet. Usually I would be excited about the prospect of organizing a new space, but I can't seem to get there. I think I will wait until I feel inspired!

Andy got the last little section of wall painted in Gavin's room and I put up his bulletin board yesterday. We have a cord cover to paint and install and then there are the shelves and drawers to clean up and organize, but again I am finding this to seem more task like and less enjoyable than usual. Waiting for that inspiration to kick in!

It is starting to feel more put together and less chaotic around here. I am off to check out the potential new bed for Gavin. The one that we got is not made very well, and the furniture store has ordered a replacement from a different company. I have to go and see it and schedule the delivery. After that I will move into homework mode and see what I can get accomplished for my day! I am optimistic and hopeful and trying not to put too much on that "to-do" list.

3 comments:

Nicole Homel said...

I know it may not seem like it, but you guys have been getting so much done. We rebuilt our house from studs, and we have to keep reminding ourselves how far we have come, and that we can tackle the lists one item at a time. Must say...since having Thurston...the list just keeps growing. The new computer amoire is really nice. I am sure the joy of organizing it will come really quickly ;-)

Gina said...

Nice amoire! Sounds like you all are getting bunches done. :-)

Rae Rice said...

Mike and I are a big fan of furniture that hides appliances. Nice choice.