Welcome!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A new baby for the Huffakers!

Well, Andy kept saying that he really wanted another baby. He REALLY wanted three, I have always thought that I would have three kids, but at this stage in my life, I really didn't think that it was a good idea. I have to return to work, full time and we struggle financially as it is, and my patience is pushed to the limit with the two that I have. Not to mention that I just don't think that my body can take the process again. I can come up with a thousand reasons NOT to have another baby, but the Universe has begged to differ. Andy's wish has come true and we are blessed and honored with another baby in our lives. Two weeks ago, we became the proud and beaming Godparents of Alexander Rosario Bono. The ceremony was beautiful, held in the Methodist Church surrounded by friends and family. The party afterwards was big, and loud and full of Italian accents and food. We have been welcomed into this family and are basking in the glory of our new connections with them. We look forward to many years of friendship, love and partnership as we join with this family to raise our children and be the best that we can be.
Alex is the sweetest baby. He was happy and cheerful all day long, he slept peacefully in my arms during the entire church service (after his big debut) and awoke with a crazy, questioning look on his face. He seemed to be thinking, "Hmmm, I wake up in a church with some strange lady holding me, and wearing a dress. What is going on here?" I told his mother that it sounded like a bad night in Vegas. (I know, very irreverent for church.. would you expect any less from me!?) He was delightful and seemed to love all of the attention. He is a BIG boy at almost 20 pounds and only 6 months, so holding him was a great workout.We were exhausted after the long weekend of cooking and setting up, partying and then cleaning up and tearing down. It was a good tired. We can't wait to see that little guy again and watch him grow and learn and love. I am thrilled that we get to have a "third" baby, and that I don't have to stretch out or lose sleep at night (sorry Giac and Kate!), but more importantly, that we get to share the love in our hearts with another wonderful little person!

3 comments:

Gina said...

What a sweet picture that last one is!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! Congrats on being godparents!

Rae Rice said...

The best part is that you didn't even have to be pregnant! Congrats on being Godparents.