Welcome!

Monday, April 20, 2009

A Quick Update

Our next project.. Ella's room!

Gavin's room is really done! REALLY!!!! The fan is up, the glow stars on the ceiling are up and the little party lites under his bed are up! I feel so much relief! I love his room and I love how we all worked on it together and I LOVE that it is DONE!

In addition, we re-arranged Ella's room, moved out the last of the jungle features and brought in her furniture (even though it has not been refinished yet). This really helped us get a better idea of how the room will work and what we need to do to get her bed put together properly. We bought an old 1920's dresser and bed set for her at a yard sale and the bed is not the same as the current standard size so it will need some modifications. Bringing it in and setting it up was the only way that Andy and I could figure out what we needed to do! Now, we feel energized and excited about tackling this next project. If only I could decide on paint colors! Andy is going to start painting next weekend, so I had better get with it!

We had our yard sale and what we didn't sell was carted off to the Goodwill. My patio is back (and boy does it look BIG) and we made $128! We hoped to make enough to buy bikes for both kids and if we go with the less expensive models... we did it! We sold Gavin's old bike, so he gets first pick and Ella has her heart set on a Barbie bike. Toys R Us, here we come! We also sold the dresser and night stand that the kids had in their bedroom - which is why we had to bring in the unfinished dresser. I was not willing to have Ella's clothes on the floor for the next couple of weeks (or months)!

The kids got to go to the Circus with Gramma Sharon and Grampa Jack while Andy and I continued to work around the house. We also got to run errands, shop for a couch, get some decorating ideas at some new model homes and have dinner together! Andy got the garden planted while I took the kids to church on Sunday and then we all went down to Bellflower to shop for some Dutch goods at the Holland American market. After that we stopped in Little India to have a snack! It was a fun and very productive weekend! I feel rejuvenated and energized!

I have a TON of work to do for my classes and I have to study for the CSET (which is completely freaking me out) but ... there is nothing I can do but WORK. Work hard and be persistent and focus. That is the hard part, the focus. I feel torn between my job, and the house and the family but I know that right now, I just have to work on the class work and then I will have time for all of the other stuff. So, my nose will be to the grindstone for the next couple of weeks and I will have to let some other stuff go. (oh, darn.. when I just started to feel on top of things!) Off I go!
Here are some pics of our little garden!
My herb garden- sage, cilantro, parsley, basil and thyme! The kids planted marigolds in between!

The rows of corn!

We also have, red bush beans, sugar snap peas, carrots, cucumbers, and white and orange pumpkins.

Some tomatoes from seed and some plants. There are sungold, San Diego heirloom, Giant Steak, and Cherokee Purple and some other funky kind that Andy got!

2 comments:

Nicole Homel said...

yeah gardens! Keep taking pictures and posting them through out the growing season!
I am so glad your house keeps moving forward. It is such a relief to do those things!

Gina said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Love the garden--ours got planted too--and just in time for the heat! :-)