Welcome!

Friday, April 3, 2009

Peace for Spring Break

Clean Garage

It seems that blogging has not been high on my priority list as of late.. but I am not really sure what HAS! *note: I wrote this a few days ago, but got interupted...

We have been busy, as always... baseball, classes, STILL trying to get the house put back together! I did finally organize my desk and new cubbies...although I need more bins for it before it is officially "finished"..Gavin's room, well.. it hangs there, not QUITE done...it's the ceiling fan, really and that is it. Andy had to wait until his cast was off and then, well.. We cleaned the garage! Unfortunately, we again forgot to take before and after shots but let's just say that before, you could not walk into the garage, but only squeak around to get to the fridge and storage shelves. Now... it is a big, wide, open space that is very organized and lovely to behold! I find myself walking out there to just stand in it and appreciate the order.

The side effect of a clean garage is a REALLY messy patio! We pulled out a ton of stuff to sell at our yard sale in a couple of weeks, including the crib. Yup.. we are done... you heard it here first. I have come to the place where I am o.k. (actually adamant) that we will not have any more babies (other than our godson Alex and any other babies that need cuddling!) Andy has even conceded and is going to be contacting the urologist after Spring Break.
Messy Patio

We were going to start working on Ella's room (and FINISH Gavin's) during our Spring Break, but it seems that the universe has other ideas for us. A friend called yesterday and offered us a campsite at San Clemente State Beach for a couple of days. It is taking some shuffling and rescheduling and some major re-thinking on my part, but we are going! We realized that what we really need, is a break! Time to relax and just be together and so, we are taking it. We will be leaving on Saturday and coming home on Tuesday, not a LONG trip, but just the kind of break that we all need. I will leave the house a mess, the projects unfinished and the laundry piled up on the couch. Oh Well!!!

Today, I am working on paperwork and packing and grocery shopping. Tomorrow I will spend the day with Ella at the La Habra Children's Museum, just the two of us. I think that we will have a picnic too. Friday, the kids and I are sleeping in and getting packed up and then, when Andy gets home we are going to Downtown Disney to have dinner at Rainforest Cafe and Gavin wants to visit the Lego store. He has been doing extra chores and saving his money for something special! Then, it is off to the beach with nothing more to do than relax, chat, eat and sleep. I should probably put a walk or two in there, or I will lose my weight loss headway that I have been making.

I am peaceful, even though I have a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it in I know that if it needs to be done, it will be and that we will have a great time, TOGETHER!! I am thankful to my friend and for the opportunity to be with my family and to spend time with friends, I really do have a most blessed life.

3 comments:

Nicole Homel said...

Have a great time.
It sounds wonderful!
-N

Gina said...

Camping at the beach sounds fun--enjoy! The work will always be there--sometimes it's just good to unwind. :-)

Rebecca said...

I haven't been commenting very much at all lately. I read through the googlereader and then just keep moving on. I hope you had fun camping! Our spring break was over a month ago and seems like it's been a lifetime.