Welcome!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

OMG!

So much has happened in the last 2 months, it really makes my head spin! There is a lot that I haven't posted about because there was not time... there still isn't....

Today is my last day of classes! HOORAY!! I worked really hard last weekend to wrap up some projects and last night I stayed up until a little after midnight completing two more. One big project just needed some small revisions, but when I went to open my document I found most of it missing!!!! I guess that I didn't save the right copy or something.. anyway, it meant that I had to retype half of it (this is a BIG document!) Luckily, I had the hard copy to work from, but it was still time consuming. Then I decided to start another project, one on an English Language Learner from my field work. I had done eight assessments on this student to determine his language abilities and then I had to analyze the data and discuss my findings. I did the whole thing last night and went to bed feeling satisfied with my accomplishments. Those two projects are not even due until August 8th, but I set a goal to be done by Friday, the 1st because that is the last day of classes.

I am up early this morning to start my last project, a Literacy Profile. This resembles the ELL profile, but focuses on a proficient reader. I had to collect data and now I will sit down to analyze the assessments and report on my understanding of the information. I am shooting to finish this by 11:00 a.m. so that I can go and watch Ella swim today (she is being bribed to jump off of the diving board). My "drop dead" time for today is 12:30 because I have my last class of the term today at 1:00. The project is not due until 12 noon tomorrow, but I want it done NOW!!!

Why am I blogging then? Because Andy just told the kids that they could watch t.v. until it was time to go and I was finding it difficult to write academically with "We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship...Zooming through the sky... Little Einsteins" playing in the background. They are finished now and Andy is taking them to school, so I am going to put my nose to the grindstone and get busy. Wish me luck and tomorrow I may actually SLEEP IN!!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Way to go! Can't believe you're so close to done--good work!

Rebecca said...

All right!