Welcome!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Earthquake

Yes we had one, yes we felt it. I was on the third floor of the library and boy did it roll. I was kind of freaked out. The kids were evacuated to the same lawn that I was, so I got to see them right away and know that they were o.k. Andy was driving and on his way to pick up Ella, so we were all together and accounted for. Whew.

The house has a crack in the kitchen ceiling that opens and closes with every shift of the house (as all good SoCal houses do! hee hee) and it has now been extended across the entire eating area and is on the openish side. Some wooden letters fell off of a shelf and crashed down onto some wooden statues, but nothing there broke. One picture frame fell and the glass in it broke. Every picture in the house was crooked but that was the extent of our "damage".

Ella was the most freaked out... she said, "I thought the whole world was shaking!". I hope that we can just continue having these moderate quakes that release pressure and that perhaps we can avoid the dreaded "Big One" that is always present in the back of everyone's mind.

No comments: