Welcome!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I cannot wait to be done with this school thing for the summer! I really want to CLEAN MY HOUSE!!! You know how, when you are away from your kids you really miss them? Well, I really miss having a neat house.

Right now, there are things scattered from one end to the other. The house is "clean" really, I mean... Andy is doing dishes and all of that, and we do have a house cleaner. It is the clutter! There is a lunch box on the bench, sliffpers on the floor under the kitchen table that have been there for a week, a magazine tossed in the corner that needs to be repaired, doll stuff in the family room, legos on the window seat, 2 sloppy piles of assorted books on the coffee table and two more on the window seat, the couch is covered with toys and books and the pillows have not been put in their proper places for 4 weeks! There are cd's on the entertainment center and today, while helping Ella to "find" a purse to use, I discovered that her entire doll/dress up area has been picked up and just "dumped" into the baskets and bins. Nothing is where it should be. I asked her why she hasn't played dress up lately and her answer was, "Do you think I could find anything in this mess?"

I won't go on to tell you about the other rooms but they are just as bad... it's not a lot and you can see the floor, it's just that I haven't been going around and straightening up. I could be doing that now, but I felt that I needed to vent! Well, the clutter will wait and I will go into a massive straightening up mode when this is done. I have even been having fantasies about cleaning out the garage!

Our roommate told us that she is going to be moving out in November (or so), which is bittersweet. We will miss her, we will miss the extra income, but we will relish the children being able to have their own rooms. I know that I will spend most of the winter, cleaning closets, redecorating and organizing. I am looking forward to it all.

But, for now... I am heading back to the books. I have several HUGE projects due at the end of the term and I do not want to wait until the last minute to try to pull them together. I am doing really well in my classes. I am keeping up with the work and scoring high on all of my assignments. Most of the work comes easily, although there is just a MASSIVE amount of it. I am trying to figure out what my school schedule will be like for next year (and the next) so that we can see how it will all pan out and when I will be able to start teaching full time. In the midst of that, we are still debating about baby #3... we don't seem to be able to let that go. I just don't know if now is the time, but do I really want to wait any longer? So there is a lot going on in my head and in my heart. Prayers for peace and answers are always welcomed.

It has been a summer of growth for all of us here at the Huffaker household and there is more to come... We will find our answers and our right path... maybe it is under that pile of books in the living room.....

3 comments:

Gina said...

Baby #3!? Wow--I guess I thought you all had already decided that, but were dragging your feet on making Andy's appointment. Don't wait too long--it'll just make it tougher. No time is perfect--as we know. Best to you in the decision making process. Hey, maybe the decision will just be made for you! :-)

Unknown said...

Hang in there. Life will get easier. (don't laugh too hard)

Rebecca said...

I say do it, you have cute kids! Well...I also don't have to raise your 3rd baby, so on second thought I'll leave that decision up to you!