Welcome!

Monday, March 31, 2008

My lil' helper

Ella is my helper. Gavin will help, but he has to be asked and reminded many times. Ella on the other hand is always asking, "Is there anything I can help you with, Momma?" The kids have chores, like making their beds, putting their clothes in the hamper and picking up toys. Ella sets the table and Gavin clears. Gavin also has to empty the small trash cans around the house. When we need to freshen up the house before company is coming, both of the kids do a great job of wiping up the bathrooms with a Clorox wipe and they both love to swiffer the floor. I keep thinking that they should do more, especially Gavin but I am often at a loss for what to have them do.

The other day, I had a MOUNTAIN of laundry on the couch and needed to get it folded and put away. The kids have offered to help with this before, but their folding leaves a bit to be desired. It is more like wading up the clothes into a ball...but they are both good at putting the clothes away when I bring the basket to their bedroom. Ella REALLY wanted to help and so I asked her if she could match up the socks for me....WELL.... could she EVER! Plus..it looked like such a fun "game" that Gavin wanted to join in! They did all of the socks and I just had to go along and fold them together. I have decided that this will now be a regular part of their chores as well...Good job kids!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ella is just my kind of girl. And, Madelyn does seem to be a cleaner upper like Ella...she dropped some papers off the table at Samuel's teacher conference today and promptly tried to pick them up and stack them. It was so cute. Keep on cleaning!

Unknown said...

You can send her over to my house! I have a plastic bag full of socks!

Andrea said...

What a great idea! I'll have to wait a little more with Leah. Joseph just likes to scatter the socks as much as possible. Little stinker.