Welcome!

Friday, March 28, 2008

Oh, we did stuff in February too...

There were things that we did in February that never made it to my blog, because March was just so darned crazy.....I have been working on uploading and ordering photos today and came across the pictures....
The really cool thing that we did was go to the Huntington Beach Kite Party! We were supposed to meet up with some of my family, but my cousin's son was running a fever. It was just the Huffakers 4 and we had a great time. We stayed for a couple of hours, saw some amazing (and enormous) kites and flew our own! Ours is the sea horse... we picked it up at Costco for just $10! It went up easily and was really pretty. We have since bought a couple more of these in different styles. The Gecko was HUGE... the rainbow kite above it is an average sized kite....My cute husband, having a great time with his kite!

As we were headed home it started to rain, so we had left at the perfect time. We went home, showered and jammied everyone by 4:30 and had dinner. After that we snuggled up on the couch to watch "High School Musical". It was a fun family weekend!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Those kites are very cool. Maybe we need to come visit in February one year so we can go to that. I've never heard of that event before, but it looks like fun to be on the beach and have all those kites in the sky. And, I love High School Musical too!

Gina said...

We never made it to the HB kite festival, but SF has one--went when I was really young, those events are neat! The kites you see are amazing! Sounds like you all had fun. I've not seen HS Musical, but another friend was singing its praises :-) I might have to make a point of seeing it.

Yvonne said...

Oh, Rebecca... you would love it! It is really cute.. it's like Grease, without the sex and teenage pregnancy! The kids are actually watching it right now!