Welcome!

Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Fun-Filled Week

Wow! I have not sat down at my computer for over a WEEK!!! Pretty scary! My Aunt was in town last week, visiting from New York and we ran all over the place!
Last weekend we went down to San Diego for a big family get together and had a great time! Here is a picture of my niece Jordan... what a cutie pie!
Monday, Carola, Ella and I went shopping in Downtown Disney. She picked up gifts for her granddaughters and bought Ella a Cinderella dress for Halloween. I got the glass slippers and we are set! Anyone know how to do "Cinderella Hair"?

Tuesday I went to work... a blessed day! Calm and Quiet... well, except for the fact that the church hall flooded over the weekend, ugh!

Wednesday we went to Huntington Gardens and trekked all over the place! It was pretty hot that day, but we still had a great time and a lovely lunch! We also stopped at Toys R Us, for more gifts for the granddaughters.

Thursday, Carola and I went out to Glen Ivy for a day of rest and rejuvination. We soaked in the mineral baths, wallowed in the mud, went down into The Grotto to get painted with seaweed moisturizer, laid out in the sun, had lunch and had a glorious day. That evening we went to see Cirque du Soleil (did I spell that right?). My cousin's girlfriend got us 4 tickets and we took Gavin, it was really cool and he loved it!

Friday, Gavin ditched school (c'mon - he was up until 11:00 p.m.!) and we went out to Pasadena to see my rother's Gym and to visit with his family.

Needless to say, we are all exhausted and most of the household chores for the week were laid aside (except for the 5 loads of laundry that my Aunt graciously helped to fold!). This did not stop us from heading to Chuck E. Cheese this morning for a birthday party! I will wrap up my vacation next week, really there is not that much more to tell! Until Monday.....

5 comments:

Gina said...

You saw Cirque--aw! I haven't been to see Cirque since Dralion! What show did yopu see? Was it good? And you went to Glen Ivy too--what a week! Sounds like you had a fabulous visit. :-)

Rebecca said...

Glad to see a photo of Jordan, she is a cutie. She looks about the same size as Madelyn. Sounds like a great week! Did you make cookies with your aunt? Isn't this the aunt you like to make cookies with?

Yvonne said...

It was pretty fabulous, but extremely exhausting (and challenging)! We saw, Corteo... great...
no, this is not the cookie aunt.. this is the one from New York

CapturedbyTammy said...

Sounds like a fun filled week. I can't wait to go to Glen Ivy. Robert plans on taking me there soon. Which one did you go to?

Tammy

Yvonne said...

we went to THE glenn ivy out in Corona... it is really great...
I feel like a spoiled brat that I have been there 1/2 a dozen times, or so....