Welcome!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Life...

Still, no time for blogging! Been to a couple of Dr's (nothing major, just checking all systems...it's been a while) Had sick family... head and chest colds, followed by a minor intestinal upset and finished off with pink eye.. all of us, all of the bugs. Does Lysol make a "bomb" akin to a flea bomb that I can just light off in this den of bacterial ickiness? Windows open, everyone feeling better. Andy and I both missed some work, not so good.

Celebrated Ella's 4th birthday (inconceivable!) We took the kids ice skating, had breakfast for lunch and had dinner and cake with Gramma Sharon and Grampa Jack(Andy's parents). Gramma Mary and Grampa Randy (my mom and stepdad) joined us for cake. It was a wonderful family day. Though both of the kids did cry on the ice and Gavin claims that it was the worst day of his entire life.

Have a hair appointment tomorrow and finally going to work. Have been going to the gym, did gain weight over the holidays, did already drop some of it. More Dr. appointments next week for me and for Ella. Photo appointment for her birthday pictures too!

Hot water heater blew last night, need to have it replaced...and the floor, and some wall, and the cabinet and the room has been steam stripped of it's paint. (just some, not all) This weekend, scrapbooking and Gavin has Little League try outs, we are also going to paint his "new" room, finally. Andy and I have a date on Monday to go for a hike and have lunch! Yipee! The next weekend will find me in Yuma, Arizona with long time college friend, Darci. We are going to scrapbook our brains out!

It is a busy month, but I am striving for balance. Thought I had almost achieved it last night with a good cry, a long work out, a heartfelt talk with my husband, a hot bath and a soothing cup of cocoa. THEN the hot water heater blew! I am very upbeat about it though, we may finally get that Tankless heater, painted walls, new floor and new cabinet that I have been wishing for! (I really need to be more SPECIFIC with the universe when I wish for things, ahhhh)

Here is how we feel!

Here is what we need!

And, does anyone know what happened to "The Cutest Blog on the Block"? Is it me, or have they gone missing!?

4 comments:

Gina said...

Glad you all are on the mend and you got your hot bath before the water heater blew! And say Hi to Darci for me--hope you all have a great visit!

Gina said...

Also...Happy Birthday Ella!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a Lysol bomb. YES! Nah, wait, it would probably give us cancer, right?
Gavin has a new room? Did you roommate move out?
Thanks for making me laugh today. You have the knack. :)
Love you!

Andrea said...

Happy birthday Ella! I agree with you we want that lysol bomb at our house too. My kids have gotten the same cold/stomach thing 4 times!!! Which t-ball are you doing? We signed Timmy up for the first time this year. Any advice for us?