Welcome!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Holy Scrap!

I mentioned before that I had planned to go away for the weekend to get together with one of my best-est friends, Darci so that we could scrapbook together. Well, with all of chaos (and extra expenses) right now, I considered canceling, but Andy reassured me that there was nothing that I could do here and that some time away would be good for me. He was right, it was. I got to get away from the chaos, I got to relax, spend time with a great friend and ... let him handle the work for the weekend.

I got packed up on Thursday night and on Friday morning, I drove to Yuma, Arizona. It took me 5 hours, which was an hour longer than I had anticipated but I hit traffic, rain and several border patrol stops. I arrived at 1:00 our time (2:00 theirs) and we immediately transformed our suite into a scrapping paradise! We stayed at a Hampton Inn, which was really nice and included a breakfast "buffet" and hot coffee served 24 hours a day. After unpacking and getting settled in, we got right to work and started scrappin! We went to dinner, stopped in at the craft store for supplies and headed back for more fun. We stayed up until 2 a.m. and got right to work again the next morning. We cropped all day and only left our room for a quick breakfast, a craft store run and a great steak dinner. Again, up until 2 a.m. and up really early to wrap up what we could before check out at 12 noon.This is the table that became our landing strip and sticker station.This is the middle of the "sitting room", we moved the coffee table out of the way and made it our own. Here is where we worked, one on each side of the table.
We headed out at 12:30 and 4 1/2 hours later, I was home again with my family. I had a great time and got a lot of pages done. I took a hot shower, had a good night sleep, and spent time with a great friend. I just realized that we did not get any pictures of US scrapping or together. But I do have a couple of shots of the hotel room! (After we had re-arranged all of the furniture!) Andy had a lot to juggle while I was gone, with the asbestos people here, the re-pipe going on, and the kids.. but he handled it well and also got the touch ups done on Gavin's room and fixed the doors to the closet (they didn't open after we put in the carpet). He even installed our new kitchen light fixture. I think everyone was glad to have me home, and I am certainly glad to be here!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, that trip looks and sounds heveanly.

Micaela said...

What fun! I'm glad you had such a fun and productive time. Can't wait to scrap with you soon and congrats on finding your videos!

Gina said...

Lost family videos--sounds like us--can't find our wedding video for anything! It's really not cool. Glad yours surfaced. Sounds like Andy got a lot done while you were gone--and you got a lot done too! I need to scrapbook something serious--I'm SO far behind!