Welcome!

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Nothing to say?

O.K. so I haven't writtend in a while. Beleive it or not, I have had nothing to say! At least, nothing that I thought was interesting enough to write down! It is 6:00 a.m. I woke up at 5:30. Some things just work better than alarm clocks, a child falling out of bed in the wee hours is one of them! It was Ella, poor baby...that must be really unsettling to be sound asleep, then feel a falling sensation and then, to hit the floor! Andy rescued her, but I felt really wide awake, so... I got up! I am boiling some eggs, making some coffee, checking email, and blogging.

Well, my "friend" has stuck around, but aparently she is not as inspired a writer as the moping me! I feel like I have taken back some control of my life and this is GOOD. I decided that I am truly tired of this 10 pound spare tire hanging around my middle and I am going to rid myself of it! I am going to be more active! (of course I will watch my food intake as well!) I told Andy that maybe, "If I act like an active person, I will feel more like an active person, and then I will BE an active person!" So, I have gone swimming with the kids (and done laps while I was in there), I have taken walks and bike rides with my family and I am making a greater effort to go to the gym. (today will make 3 days in a row!) Andy is off this week, so that helps...but don't ooh and ahh too much, I don't think that I will be able to keep up my gym schedule once school starts... we'll see.

I have done some cleaning and that makes me feel better. I cleaned the kids' room. I dusted and vacuumed and organized toys and took out a bunch of "junk". Don't tell Gavin that I refer to McDonald's toys and trophies as junk! The closet is next on my list, but I will wait until we get closer to the beginning of school for that job. I cleaned my room. I emptied my nightstand and straightened that out. I decided that when you find something, and you don't even know what it is, you definitely don't need to keep it! I also sorted through some of my scrapbooking stuff and got rid of some things that I will honestly never use. We cleaned up the garage on Saturday. We got rid of some more "baby stuff", the gates, the big stroller (sniff), some toys and some old bedding. We dusted and wiped things down and put things away and it has been restored to organizational bliss. As much as a garage can be! My next big challenge is the family room! I am making a bold statement here, but... we ARE going to hang the pictures up in here! We have been here a year now and the pictures are still hiding behind the couch! I have a lot of toy sorting to do in here! I really have trouble getting rid of stuff, and most of it Ella is still playing with. I have a designated area in the garage now, for toy rotation, so that will help! You know, you take some things away for a while and then bring them back, removing others of course. The kids then celebrate and play vigourously with their old toys like they are the best and newest toys in town! The unfortunate thing is that now, the kitchen and bathroom are starting to look dirty again and I haven't even made the full curcuit through the house!

I am up early and I am going to finish entering that pesky checkbook into the computer. I would pay bills, but Andy won't get his summer school check until the 10th! I want to find my "bar" in my kitchen today. It has been covered with papers for 2 weeks now, but I think I have almost gotten that under control.

Entropy. I have always been fascinated with this word and this concept. The dictionary gives this definition: "A measure of the capacity of a system to undergo spontaneous change...A measure of the disorder in a system..." And then there are some crazy equations that go with it. But... man... all you gotta do is clean a house to prove the validity of this theory! You clean it, straighten it, fix it and then: it falls apart, and then you do it again! I think that I will treat each "area" of my house as it's own universe. That way, when one is in collapse, at least I will have one stable universe to retreat to! I do worry that someone might find me curled up in the bottom of a despicably clean coat closet one day however!

Alright, enough of my blibbering. It is 6:30 and the gym opens in half an hour and I need to eat before I go. Wish me luck on my day! I have big dreams and high hopes! My resolve: to "finish"my paperwork, to play with the kids, to put away the laundry, to read a little and to enjoy Gavin's piano recital and dinner tonight. If I can get this done, I may enjoy a full 24 hours of calm before I see the results of "entropy" on my home. I know that it is falling apart, right now, as I type, but I will try to beat it... I will try..... I can make it.... ugh.... no I can't. I guess that I will have to accept this...as part of my struggle, as part of life.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Nope...don't believe it! I know what you mean though, sometimes I want to post and don't have anything to write about that seems interesting enough for others to want to read...so I just don't that day. Did you get all your chores done yesterday?

Gina said...

Hey Yvonne, did you know that there is another Huffaker family blog? Yep, Tom & Angie (I believe their names are)--found them by mistake trying to see you guys. But I bet you found that out when making your blog. :-) Any chane it's a relative?

Yvonne said...

I did get my bills paid, checkbook entered and found the bar. I have yet to tackle the family or living rooms! I have some stuff to write about this week, I think?
and, no I did not know there was another HFamily Blog... I have been trying to come up with a better name for my blog... I ponder this in the shower!
ahhh...time to think... what bliss