Welcome!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Still Here, Still Hangin On

October was INSANELY busy with parties and soccer and midterms and ?????? I made it through and I am exhausted, but hanging in there! Sadly, we cancelled our trip to Arizona this weekend but we are all wiped out! Ella was begging to stay home in her pajamas and do nothing all day!
I have a list a mile long of posts that I want to do (yes Gina, I still have the tag waiting!) but it is time for us to head to my in-laws house for the yummy dinner that I made! We are having Ham Chowder, Sweet Potato Biscuits, BLT Ceasar Salad and Blackberry Swirl Pie for dessert!



We did some catching up on household chores yesterday and I got ready for the last push of my semester. I have some projects to complete and a lot of reading, but the end is in sight. I go back and forth between relieved and completely freaked out! We have started on Gavin's "new" room now that our roommate has moved out. We decided what the plan is and the first step is having the closet system installed tomorrow. We also found some GREAT stuff for Ella's room at a yard sale! We picked up a headboard, footboard, a dresser and a little cabinet to sit on top of the dresser! I am excited, but I know that it will probably be summer time before we even get to that project! All of the pieces need to be refininshed, but Andy is looking forward to the challenge! I am so thankful for his enthusiasm and dedication to me and to our family. He has really worked hard to make our home a wonderful place and he keeps on working to make our marriage strong and happy. (even when I am a total grump butt)

I am rambling... but there is so much to share! I just didn't want anyone to think that I had dropped off the face of the earth. I am here, and I will post again soon!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yummy, looks delicious. I made your Aunt Jeanette's chocolate pies for dinner tonight and everyone loved them...thanks for the recipe! Missed you all...planning on seeing you next month!

Gina said...

Good to know you're still out there--looking forward to the coming blogs. :-)

Unknown said...

That all looks soooo goooood! You are making me hungry!

Micaela said...

Good to see you back, I was beginning to worry. :)

Nicole Homel said...

Yvonne-
Could you email me your ham chowder recipe? Looks really yummy! By the by...Happy B'day...mine is coming in Jan!!!
Love-
Nicole