Welcome!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Overwhelmed


O.K. the first full week is over and I am in shock. Andy is struggling with his new classroom situation and all of the "extras" that have suddenly been piled on. I had class three nights and homework and work two days and went to the dentist. I am "in charge" of the Pie Contest at Macy's Fall Carnival, my Creative Memories order is due and I still have not finished with those photos. For those of you who asked, yes there really were 800 photos. However, I discovered that quite a few were taken by Ella and were pics of the ground, carpet, the dogs nose REALLY close up and her feet. Those have been deleted. There were also lots of duds that I deleted and I think that I have it down to about 500. Now, when you see my scrapbooks and each page is FULL of pics, you will understand. I cannot afford to leave a page not filled!

Ella had school and went to the babysitters one day, and Gavin had school and day care and piano and soccer. He also struggled with his behavior in class and lost 8 of his 12 "coins" for the week and feels very discouraged about that. I had a converstaion with his teacher and with the principal and that is a topic for a whole different post. Needless to say, I am overwhelmed and exhausted.

Andy worked hard in our patio garden this weekend and it is now full of plants and looks soooo great! I did not know that we were going to do this project, it just "happened" and I am so glad that it did! He needed to "zen" out and just focus on something else. I need to do that to, but I don't have time. I really think that I am going to call in "sick" on Tuesday, so that I can finish my reading for class, finish with those photos and finish up with this giant pile of paperwork before it engulfs my entire kitchen bar!!! (I hope that my boss isn't reading this!)

I was tagged for a photo thing.. but I am tired...all I want to do is go to bed, so... I am!

5 comments:

Gina said...

The garden looks great--kudos to Andy! :-)

Gina said...

Hey, I like the new layout--really nice colors!

Yvonne said...

Yeah, I like the new colors too! Now I need new pics of the kids and of the fam! Should have snapped one when I was down 14 pounds... I gained some back over vacation, darn it!

Rae Rice said...

The garden looks great! I am sorry that you feel overwhelmed. I am sure that just as soon as you get into the rhythm, the semester will be over.

Phillips Family said...

Hello....it looks beautiful! I was trying to figure out how come your link wasn't showing on my page but on my customize link list....i fixed it. Don't fret about the weight. I've been fretting about mine for about a decade.