Welcome!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Back to School

We are all back to school (except Ella who starts next Tuesday!). Gavin is in 2nd grade, Andy is teaching 7th grade math, I am back to work and had my first class last night. I am taking 9 units again, which is full time for Masters... it will be a lot, but I know that we can handle it! We enjoyed our vacation and even headed down to San Diego for the holiday weekend and went to Legoland, walked in Torey Pines Preserve and met my Dad's horse! The kids swam and we relaxed and on Sunday we went to the zoo! Monday was spent relaxing by the pool at Jack and Sharon's...one of my favorite summer spots!

Gavin's arm is doing really well, the cast is off and he is getting over the stiffness. The scar is big, but it looks like it is healing well.

Kelsey, my cousin's baby girl has been in the hospital... please pray for her and for the family. You can check them out here: http://sweetpeakurtz.blogspot.com/

I have been knee deep in paper work and photos, just trying to get a handle on all of the things that fell by the way side during my summer craziness. I uploaded 868 photos on Wednesday and have edited about half. Next, I will file them and order prints... I am hoping to finish today.

I will be placing a Creative Memories order soon too, so if you need anything... please visit the website: http://www.creativememories.com/ and be sure to enter my name "Yvonne Huffaker in Whittier" as your consultant. You can have items shipped directly to your door and not pay anything extra!

Hopefully a more interesting post will come next week... this weekend Gavin has his first soccer game, I will be in N. Hollywood for an all day training for Sunday School teachers and Andy will be cleaing up the crazy, overgrown yard. Oh, and I have homework....

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Did you really take 868 pictures this summer? That is amazing! Sounds like everything is still pretty busy at the huffaker house! I didn't get to go scrapbooking last night but I guess you didn't either.

Rebecca said...

Summer is about over huh? I love this time of year though, it's my favorite.

We didn't get a water-proof cast. I asked about getting one and the doctor hemmed and hawed. I think they aren't really up on that where we went. The doctor said that water can get under the cast and cause ulcers and skin problems - yaddah yaddah yaddah - and that our insurance likely didn't cover it. Whatever...just give us a cast and we'll keep it dry for 14 days. So, no water proof over here.

Phillips Family said...

That is crazy how many pictures you downloaded and edited. Actually not crazy b/c I think I have about 800 on my camera right now unedited. Okay so you're an inspiration for me to download and edit. Hope all is well.