Welcome!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...


Well, the stockings are hung by both chimenys with care and the tree stands in the corner...no ornaments there.





There are figures and lights and wreaths galore, but wait...there is more, oh so much, much, much more!

Yes... I have been up to my antics and there are little Christmas touches all around our house!

My shopping is done, except for the two difficult Dad's in the family and I have told Andy that they are his responsibility this year....hey... I shopped for everyone else! All of the gifts are already wrapped and under the tree (even though it has not yet been decorated..THAT seems strange!) Except for the kids' because they have not been going to bed very early and I have tried to pull out the presents only to hear the pitter patter of lil feet and had to stuff them back away! I am hoping to finish that off tonight!

I have a trip to Hallmark to make yet, but the children have all new dress clothes and shoes and are ready for pictures, which I may just postpone until February....I can avoid the crowds that way!
Cookies are baked, decorated and stashed in the freezer and I wrote a Thanksgiving letter this year, so I am done with that too.

I guess that all I have left to do, is to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the season! No. I am not referring to the begging and tantrums of my children as I drag them through Target for the millionth time this week!

I am looking forward to volunteering at the school's Secret Santa Shop, watching Gavin's Christmas show and helping out at the class party. Later this week we are going to a special Member's event at the Discovery Center to see Santa, have cookies and see the new exhibit "The Science of Gingerbread". THAT should be really fun! We will bake some more cookies with the kids which will turn into a frosting free for all...I won't mind though since my "pretty" cookies were a separate project! We will do some crafts and read some stories and make our family ornaments for the tree. --- Oh! and decorate that tree!

We will head down to San Diego to celebrate with my dad, stepmom and brothers (and their families) and then host Christmas Eve at our house with my mom, stepdad and my brothers... Christmas morning is reserved for "just us" and will be wonderfully calm (as calm as any Christmas with two small kids can be, anyway). We will have our Christmas bread and hot chocolate, open gifts and hang out. After we finally get cleaned up and dressed we will be off to Andy's parents house for wonderful prime rib dinner and MORE gifts.

We are talking about heading out to Arizona for a couple of days, but we have not firmed that up yet! We will be busy with lots of celbrating and family time and I love it!

I hope that you can enjoy your celebrations and all of the festivities and be ... at Peace.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Wow! Are you on the ball this year! How nice to be pretty much done so that all you have to do is enjoy. :-) I have my letter mostly written, but we still have the picture to take. Our tree is in the house, and is promised to get lights on it tonight--John has a meeting, so we'll see. The shopping is complete, but the wrapping still needs to be done--I was kind of waiting on the tree for that. But, I did get two packages out already so that was good. :-) Looking forward to our own activities--they start this Thurs and don't end until Christmas is over. If you go to AZ, say "hi" to the Huffakers there for us. :-) Enjoy!

Unknown said...

You are amazing. I cannot believe you have all of those things finished. I am feeling good about myself just because my Christmas cards are done. WOW!!!! You sure have a lot accomplished and so much more going on. I don't blame you for having everything done. You have to be with everything else you have yet to do!

Yvonne said...

Yeah... I just start going and don't really stop! Especially since we celebrate Christmas 4 times with 4 families and start the weekend before Christmas! I still have some homemade gifts to whip up...
Have fun!

Rebecca said...

I did notice the stitched stockings on your front mantle. Thanks for hanging them up! Sounds like a typical Huffaker holiday with lots going on and places to be. We'll be missing you on Christmas Day!

Rebecca said...

Check out my blog...you've been tagged.

Andrea said...

I am amazed at everything you have done already. I love it when you are so prepared that you can just sit back relax and enjoy the moments. I wish that happened more at my house. I still don't have my shopping done and will are taking it all up to Salt lake city anyway so I don't want to wrap- I just left them in the big brown box they came in.