Welcome!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Getting to Know You...Christmas Edition

I got tagged and now, since I am it, I will play along! I'm going to answer the questions and tag three people and then they do the same and pass it on. (if you don't have a blog, you can just do it by email) It will be fun, don't be a poor sport!

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends! Here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE! Change all the answers so that they apply to you.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Man, I used to wrap gifts so beautifully and perfectly! I learned how to wrap amazingly the one year that I wrapped for Neiman Marcus... THAT was a great holiday job! Now, I just do my best and get it done fast and I do a combination of wrap and bag. Someday I will get back to perfect seams, double sided tape and wire ribbon...maybe when my kids are 20!

2. Real tree or artificial? Difficult subject in our house this year. We got an artificial tree and I am still mourning the loss of the real tree. I miss the smell, but not the dead and brown drooping branches and forgeting to water it.

3. When do you put up the tree? When I was a kid, it was the weekend closest to the 15th because of my brothers birthday, and we continued that. Then we started doing it earlier because of our Christmas party, and this year we put it up on Thanksgiving weekend. It did not get decorated until the 8th, however!

4. When do you take the tree down? With a real tree, we usually did it a few days after Christmas and waited until New Year's Day if it didn't look like it might burst into flames at any moment, this year it might stay up until Easter. JK

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really, I think that it is GROSS! Whoever came up with that drink, must have alread had quite a few nips of something already.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My mom always got me (and still does) great things, but I remember a kit to make miniature doll house chairs that was really great! OH! And, my Aunt Jeannette gave me a charm for my charm bracelet and it was shaped like a button and said "Cute as a button!" and I will NEVER forget that!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. My cousin Laura made it and it is one of my most cherished posessions.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad, and my Stepdad..... and people who buy themselves whatever they want.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Gavin ... I had to shop more for Ella to balance out the pile!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? If it came from the heart, then it was great!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but there have been a couple of years that I did not send anything out, BOTH after my second child! This year I did a Thanksgivng letter, to get a head start and to remind myself of what the holidays are REALLY about!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? I have to pick a favorite? Um....Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas Carol is BIG (especially the Muppet version).

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop all year long, really...If someone says, "I would love to have a ....." I go and buy it, the next day and put it in my secret hoarding spot and put it on my list, so that I don't forget that I have it. I shop while I'm on vacation and then I get the rest of it done during November and December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably, but only something really nice, to someone that would like it more than me!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Eat... I eat everything! Fudge! Chocolate! Cookies! Prime Rib and Yorkshire Pudding!

16. White lights or colored on the tree? Gotta be colored... that was part of the reason that it was hard to find an artificial tree. We got one with NO lights and did our own.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silver Bells and Carol of the Bells... and, well all of em really!

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? We do our traveling the weekend before and celebrate with my Dad and Stepmom in San Diego, Christmas Eve is with my Mom and Stepdad (both of those are also with my brothers) and then we are HOME on Christmas morning. We go the few blocks to my in-laws house for Christmas dinner.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course, can't everyone?

20. Angel on the treetop or a star? An Angel, it's one that my parents made when I was VERY young and now it is on top of my tree!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Oh, wait until the morning!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who don't have a good attitude and are running around in a panic and being rude and selfish. I try not to drive anywhere in the evening at this time of year because people are crazy!

23. What I love most about Christmas? I love being with my family and having extra time together. I love gingerbread men and snowmen and decorations and lights and the music and wearing a sweater! I love fire places and singing and special meals and lots of treats! I love my husband even more and cherish the sweet memories of our "First Christmas". I love the fact that so many people are celebrating together and enjoying the power that comes from holding Spirit close to our hearts.

Tag you're it: Kate Bono, Valerie Kurtz and Andy Huffaker

No comments: