Welcome!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So much to say... So little time

I have been thinking a lot lately. Don't gasp like that! You know that I think TOO much, usually. I have come to realize a few things about myself and have a better understanding of why I act and react to certain things in the ways that I do. It was a big revelation. Too big to encapsulate here, but it's about me being a REALLY hard worker and not being able to give in to have FUN. I am working on it.... I will keep working on it.

We had a fun weekend. We went to Build a Bear and the children no longer have "naked friends" as they referred to their sadly, un-clad animals. Gavin chose an army outfit and a skateboard (?) and Ella picked out a ballerina dress complete with slippers for her bunny. She noted that the skirt was awfully short and that "Rabbit" should have some panties as well. Who am I to stiffle that kind of modesty?

Saturday, Andy had to work (BOO!) I cleaned out the kids' closet and worked around the house before we headed to my brother's house for a birthday celebration. (his, not mine) Sunday was GREAT! My mom came over and joined us for a visit to the Discovery Center where they had a special exhibit called Spooky Science. It was all about Egypt...so, there were snakes and scorpions (yes..live) and pyramids and mummies. Very interesting and very fun!

This week is zipping along and today, Ella did not nap. I hate that. She was cranky and into everything and she is still awake now, at 7:30, even though I know that she is exhausted. She is "reading" books to herself and I am taking a break from her! Andy and Gavin are at piano. I do have some laundry to fold and I really want to organize myself for scrapbooking tomorrow so I guess that I should bid you all, a fond farewell.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yes, we all need some panties! Although Matt says boys call them undies. I made the mistake of calling them panties at first and got corrected.

Yvonne said...

I still call em panties to Gavin, just to drive him nutzo...Andy too!