Welcome!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A new school year is under way!

Ella with her Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Pimper. She is really cool and Ella is having loads of fun!
My sassy fashion plate striking a pose, please note her crazy brother trying to get some attention in the background.

My big upper grader! We cannot beleive that he is in the 4th grade. He has been rising to the challenges so far. He gets to walk to school by himself and even ride his bike one day a week.

Back to School! Yay! I think! Busy and tired pretty much sums up the way I am feeling. I am not sure yet, but I think that being a first year teacher requires almost as much work as my Masters classes! I have stayed late at work almost every night and last week had Parent Orientation and a teacher In service. The kids have started soccer and Ella is back in dance. Tomorrow we will attend the Cub Scout welcome party together. We have been attending a new church and are enjoying it. Especially the kids who are loving having a large group of peers to interact with. (Our Jr. Church program at our former church was extremely small and many weeks it was just the two of them!) I do not have time to write much as it is dinner time on Saturday and I have yet to go to the grocery store! I also have work to do for work. eeek. I did take a nap today, but it did not help much. Hopefully a quiet evening at home with my family will cure what is ailing me and I can get recharged for another week of adventure!

The kids are settling in well to their school schedules and Ella has already had her first Back to School cold. She shared it with Andy, so he is a bit under the weather today but he still took time to kick the soccer ball around with the kids. We will be having a gourmet dinner tonight, prepared by my personal chef. Oh... sorry... I slipped into a fantasy for a moment! We are having chicken nuggets and mac and cheese (the yellow kind from a blue box) for dinner tonight. Neither Andy or myself could muster the energy for much more.

I am learning how to juggle all of the responsiblity of working full time, taking care of my family and home and not forgeting to take care of ME too. Last week I got a C for that one. Two nights I was showered with my teeth brushed and in bed reading a book before 10. Those were A nights. Two nights I fell asleep on the couch in a crazy contourted position, watching trash reality t.v. and then crawled off to bed with fuzzy teeth, stripped off my clothes and colapsed. It was after midnight. Those nights earned my an F. Good thing we work on averages here!

Looking to more A days in all ways. Wish me luck.



3 comments:

Rebecca said...

The kids look so grown up! I always read your blog even if I don't always leave a comment. Glad to have updates! See you in a few weeks.

Micaela said...

Wow, I can't believe how big Ella has gotten. She's so adorable! Good luck with taking care of yourself, I know it's such a hard balance to figure out. I've been struggling with the same thing lately, but like you, am working on figuring it out. Let me know if you figure out any tricks. :) Hope to see you soon!

Micaela said...

Okay, just realized how many times I said 'figure/figured it out', should be going to bed now. :)