Welcome!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

SUMMERTIME!!!!

Well... it is officially here! Not only is school out, but today was 89 degrees and GORGEOUS!!!
It got hot enough in the house to need the A/C on so that I could get some work done, but I only had it on for about 2 hours during the late afternoon. We are catching a lovely ocean breeze and it is wonderful outside, I wish that my hubby and I were out there enjoying our patio and an icy beverage together, but.. he is doing dishes, and I am... well... supposed to be packing, but here on the computer instead.

The kids enjoyed the first 2 days of the week, without much to worry about. They played at Gramma and Grampas house on Monday while I went to my orientation for the Masters program. It was very overwhelming...but I handled it with a few deep breaths and a reminder, that I will be fine!

The kids spent Tuesday with Gramma and Grampa again while I worked and today, they started their summer programs! Ella will go to preschool every morning, I will pick her up on my lunch break, run her up to the pool for her swim lesson and I will get to watch her swim while I eat my lunch. Andy will work until 12 noon and then meet us at the pool, have his lunch with Ella and then take her home (or off to run errands). I will go back to class and meet up with Gavin who will have summer day camp at Broadoaks every day until 4:00! He will take a 2 week break from that to go to Sports Camp, but that is later this summer. He will get to do the Science Acadamies and Music, Art, and Cooking Acadamies! This week they are working on Maps and starting the Music Acadamy! He had a great time today and was glad to be reunited with some of his preschool buddies!

We already signed up for the summer reading programs at the library and look forward to our weekly visits there. We started reading "Winnie the Pooh" and I plan to read that and "House at Pooh Corner" to them during the summer...I really hope we can finish them both! In addition to all of that... we have decided to make every night at mini "family night" since we will have all been at different activities all day, we thought that it would be nice to "reconnect". We are going to working on a program to learn Spanish! (any of you who remember me trying to learn in college might be shocked.. but, I think that I really DID learn a little bit!) We have a kit that we are using and it has a set of CD's and great activity books... we have done 2 already and know how to say "Me llamo ....", "Vivo en...." and played "Juan Dice" (Simon says). We are working on a silly alphabet song, but it is tough!

Gavin has started his "Summer Quest" which is a great program that we used last summer too. It is a workbook with fun activities and worksheets that act as a summer "bridge" to help him keep his 1st grade skills and start building his 2nd grad skills. It also has ideas for "Adventure Days" which are just fun things to do together and we will do these on Saturdays. This weekend we are making giant chalk drawings of ourselves and having Lunch Pizzas.

I did say that I was supposed to be packing, right? Oh, that is becasue .... 7 months ago, I booked us a rockin campsite at Carpinteria ON THE BEACH!!!! We were hoping to leave tomorrow around 12 noon, but Andy really needs to work all day to prep for Summer School, so we will head out after dinner. It will be cooler and there won't be any traffic. I baked cookies and cornbread tonight to take with us. I did all of the laundry and have clothes packed for the kids. Most of the food is all ready in the motorhome too...

I had better finish that up... AND I still need to pay bills.....and work all day tomorrow! Tomorrow is my last day of work, until after school is out! Wow! 6 weeks off!!! I haven't done that since Ella was born! I will most likely go in a few hours here and there to keep things organized and not too far behind (besides, I nee MONEY!) and I think that I will do money stuff on Sundays after church.

I am excited and nervous and ... I dunno... just wondering how this summer will go.... I guess that it will go FAST!

Off... and running....

2 comments:

Gina said...

Have fun camping at the beach--looking forward to that blog entry when you get back. :-)

Unknown said...

You have a very busy schedule. I like your family night! It is so important to be together and reconnect and enjoy spending time with one another. Enjoy the beach! Sounds like fun.