Welcome!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Another Haircut!


Ella got her hair cut! I had always said that I would cut her hair short right before Kindergarten, but..... After a long semester in classes, I looked at her and realized that she had not had her hair trimmed since December (I had done her bangs). It was REALLY long! She and I talked about it and decided that she would let it grow just a bit longer so that she could donate her hair to Locks of Love. It finally got long enough and off went 10 inches! She really seems to understand what we are doing with the hair (we visited the website and saw pictures of girls who had lost their hair and pictures of wigs, etc...)



I am not sure that I would choose to cut it quite this short again, but it does look cute on her! In fact, her first comment was, "I didn't know it would look so cute!". She is loving the freedom of hardly having to do her hair in the morning and I am missing hair to braid! Her hair grows fast however and I am sure that it will be to her shoulders (at least) by Christmas.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! She is SO cute! And that is such a gift - giving hair. A friend of mine has done that her whole life - grow, cut, donate, grow, cut, donate. Maybe you're giving Ella another jump on a spirit of lifelong generosity!

Gina said...

What a dramatic change! How very cool that she donated her hair. I know a lot of little girls who donate to Locks of Love. :-)

Rae Rice said...

OMG that was so cute! I wish that Nellie would let me cut her hair that short.

Unknown said...

WOW! That is quite a haircut! Very cute and a nice cut for summer.

Elyse said...

i was about to write, "OMG that is so cute!" but then I realized me sister wrote that for me :)