Welcome!

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!



It was my birthday last week and I have now officially completed my 30's. Wow! This is my 40th year in this world! THAT is really hard to beleive! (The grey hairs have a way of making me a believer) My mom and stepdad took us out to dinner at Roadhouse Grill. The meal was o.k. but the kids were wild monkeys. Andy is the BEST husband ever and made me a cake called "Chocolate Indulgence". It was super, duper moist and yummy and REALLY chocolaty! It was almost like brownie batter, firmed up a bit. WOW! He also wrote an awesome poem for me, complete with photos. It was really touching, but he asked that I not post the entire thing on my blog. AND he bought me a copy of "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. (Check it out on the link below!) It is fantastic and I am loving it. I secretly want to stay home alone one day, curl up on the couch with a mug of cocoa and a roaring fire and read the whole thing in one afternoon. (well, it isn't a secret anymore!) I had lunch with my boss at Chili's.. yummy Chicken Fried Steak, and then she took me for our annual trip to See's Candy where I get to hand pick my own 1 pound box of chocolates! Yipeeeee! It was a great birthday and I am reminded of the love and blessings that surround me! Thank you.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Mmmm that cake does look delicious. Happy Birthday again! Sounds like you had a good day. Lots of people to paint the town with. See you soon!

Gina said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday! So glad it was a good one--wish I was there to go out with you too! Happy birthday again!

Micaela said...

Happy Belated! I hope it was a great one.